Monday, March 24, 2003

The bizarre dreams are back. Last night involved my grandma and Mike and boggle...and vampires. Mike and I were visiting my grandma and it's our tradition ( rather her persistant nagging ) to play boggle. Mike didn't like boggle and wanted us to play risk instead. An argument broke out, and out of nowhere a vampire in a grim reaper suit showed up and started biting people. I was scared out of my wits because he would appear and reappear out of nowhere.

Woke up and had milk & cereal ;). The Lit tests were thrown out because everyone did so badly. I'm glad to be back in dev. psych....i got good grades on all my research and background for the big IQ test/why gifted & talented program is bullshit paper. That was hard to force myself to do...go to the library and search through dusty psychological journals when I reeeally wanted to get on the internet and look at bedroom accessories at target.com. Piaget....object permanence....assimilation.....ooh, throw pillows. Sometimes I really doubt I'll be able to stick to one thing. My philosophy on employment is...do whatever you have to do to be able to have the time and the means for your hobbies. I chose psychology because.....well honestly, I'm starting to forget why. I do enjoy it. I feel like what I'm learning is really informative and interesting. Except, I can't pinpoint exactly where I'm going with it. I guess that's the story of most college students. Everybody seems to have an original idea. Anyway, I would love to sit around and decorate all day. Trevor thinks I should be a sex therapist, just so he can say he knows one. Wonder where he got that idea.

Allison Krauss has a beautiful soothing voice. I don't really like country, but we listened to her live cd in Shelley's car and I was really impressed. I might get the cd for the sake of 1 or 2 really great songs.

Lindsey's guy is going to Iraq. My step brother is there right now. I figured since everyone is surrendering right now, the war would be over in a matter of weeks. Linds brought up the point that the villages on the borders aren't going to be very loyal anyway, so it'll just get harder as we go along. Dammit. What was even more scary to think is that the ppl setting off the bombs are our age. The majority of the military that's over there is between the ages of 18-25. The world is in the hands of people who grew up on ninja turtles and power rangers....played with super soakers and HeMan and were just barely in elementary school when the gulf war took place.

God help us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home