Tuesday, April 22, 2003

Been thinkin' a lot today...........

I have this nagging urge to rip the callendar off the wall with both hands. Well, maybe I would keep the black-and-white pictures of Paris, but the numbered days part -- no way. Right now time is just a reminder of all the the opportunities I have to royally fuck up. Most people divide their time into blocks. You have your short term and your long term....."today's agenda" or " sh*t I have to do before the end of the month" or " the countdown until school ends........graduation.....getting a job.....marriage.....kids.....death". Everything is in chunks, whether you decide to make them large or small. And those stupid chunks of time, they keep coming. Once one is up, another presents itself.

Wouldn't it be nice to actually live from one moment to the next? Everything would be a susrprise. Type 'A' personalities ( you know, the people who get to work early, do their taxes in January, eat bran for breakfast ) would argue that living this way would promote procrastination. If you never planned for anything, then how would you manage when those deadlines inevitably happened? Well, I guess if you wanted to be a functioning member of society, you would need to have a general concept of time, but so many people live their lives in complete chaos and entropy because of time in relation to deadlines, countdowns, and limits. They constrict themselves so much there is no alotment for thinking, dreaming...fun.

Haha, Sarah the walking contradiction has just allowed herself 7 minutes to get to class due to writing this post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home