Tuesday, April 01, 2003

Poisson D'avril! ( april fools ). On Sunday I thought I'd be cool and volunteer with APO at NASCAR aka redneck hell. 6 hours in the cold directing cars full of mulleted beer guzzling racing fans to parking spots. Even though it was pretty cold the sun was out so my face is very burned. After a nap I went to the Tomato with Andrew Trevor and Amy. Yesterday was a great day....class wasn't too bad and the weather was gorgeous so I ran errands with the windows down. I bought pillows and towels and bathroom stuff for the apartment on employee shopping day with my discount. Amy said the apartment is nice...the standard UC apartment. I have the medium sized room closest to the front door and the bathroom, shelley has the one at the end of that hall, and Nicole has the biggest room next to the bathroom in the back hallway. Today was pretty mundane, class, goofing around, homework, etc.

I get really frustrated with myself sometimes. I want things to be set in stone.....even if I may seem to think otherwise. I can be patient as long as I'm sure of the outcome. In all aspects of my life...I need to know. I need to know what I'm doing with my time. I want my time to be worth something. I get really upset when things are out of my power. It's like that prayer..." God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change..." it's a nice thought but how am I supposed to have serenity ; an inner peace....if at the back of my head I have a nagging feeling that maybe I'm not doing what I need to be doing? It just sucks sometimes.

On the bright side, I got a whole bunch of new music. And I'm going to Lubbock this weekend and the weather is supposed to be warm and sunny. I get to see Mike. So there's a light at the end of the tunnel........too bad the light is still 5 and a half hours away...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home