Friday, November 24, 2006

Emily's 21


Emily's 21
Originally uploaded by sarahsblogpix.
Happy leftover turkey day. I'm back from my adventure...celebrating my sister's 21st bday, thanksgiving in San Antonio, and...running out of gas on the highway in Alvarado, TX.

Matt and I took Emily and her friend out to 6th Street Wednesday night. We started out at Pete's Dueling Pianos...innocent enough, except they made the drinks way too strong. Emily started giggling more than she usually does.

Next was The Library, where we had a few shots of jager, I think. This is where Emily started closing her eyes and bobbing her head to the music, as shown in this picture. I shocked my friends that I knew the first 2 verses of 'gin and juice' by snoop dogg.

Deciding where to go next, who should we run into out in the street but....Casey O'Deenigan! Decked out in a suit and derby hat, haha. I didn't even know he was still in town. I think he was on a date with a really cute Columbian girl. They were supposed to go salsa dancing, but the place was closed, so we all went to a club/bar called Lattitude. More shots were had. There was dancing, oh yes.

All was fine until a very drunk Emily couldn't find her purse. Went in the bathroom, no purse. Columbian girl's and mine were still under the bench where we left them...but Emily's was gone. My mom called my cell phone to say someone had found the purse in the street, and called the phone numbers in my sisters' phone, so I ran off to try to find this person. Meanwhile, Matt was helping Emily throw up, and was very pissed thinking I had abandoned them. She continued to throw up as I drove down Guadalupe....somehow we avoided cops. She's still looking for her purse...somehow the phone ended up at the Salvation Army. Losing your purse or wallet is about the worst injustice you can endure, but I guess if you're going to have it stolen, you should have it stolen in Austin. I'm confident that the important stuff will turn up...

She says she still had a lot of fun, which is a relief. I'm trying to establish more of a friendship with her, and what better way to foster this than with alcohol. When she danced around she reminded me a lot of my 21 year old self.

Thanksgiving dinner was al fresco, on my uncle's deck. Beautiful day...love that side of the family. They're all so laid back and fun. No drinking that day though...since my mom knew about our 6th street shennanigans, we got a lot of teasing.

On our way home, I wasn't paying attention and the car ran out of gas. Matt was sleeping in the front seat since he had to work at 3 today, and I just happened to be on the phone with my very "type-A" dad when I yelled " oh shit!". That was followed by a "dammit Sarah!" by Matt. Luckily, he trudged through a large field full of sticker burrs and weeds and lugged a 5 gallon gas tank to fill my car with no other complaints. What a man. :) My dad called later to give me the " NEVER EVER LET YOUR TANK GO BELOW A QUARTER FULL" speech. No, make that a tirade. Sigh.

But now I'm home and am about to drag out my plastic Christmas tree to put up in the 75 degree weather. I wrote myself a motivational letter to tack up on my bulletin board concerning my weight loss quest. I have a goal and a time limit. I bought some new work out clothes and leave several changes in a duffel bag by the front door so all I'll have to do is grab and go. So far I've had salad and soup and water today.....and I'm hungry. :(

Oh, and I've officially signed up for the GRE...December 8!

I hope everyone had a great and grateful thanksgiving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home