Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I miss college.
I miss college.
I miss college.

The kids who are moving into the dorms now were born in 1987. I can't believe that.

It feels like only last year that I hauled all my stuff up here not knowing a soul, said goodbye to my family and had my first taste of freedom. My dorm felt like a castle to me at first, because it was my little home away from home.

I took a nap around 7 so I could go stay out late for a friend's Bday. Matt came...with this 19 year old. Groan. I have very strict guidelines when it comes to age differences. I agree that age is but a number, but that number is a damn good benchmark of that person's maturity level. ( I said benchmark; that's a teaching buzz word ).

I think the work week will be better if I do things in the evenings besides eat dinner, watch tv, and go to bed. That hour away from my house recharged me and I think I'm ready to tackle hump day.

Come friday, I'm hopping the 5 pm flight to Midland/Odessa. Why the hell would I do that??

Why, for the scale model of Stonehenge and the Petroleum Museum, or course ;) ;)

PS -- I saw "broken flowers", (that Bill Murray movie) on Sunday night. Was a little disappointed, but it was still pretty good. Had awesome jazz soundtrack.

1 Comments:

At 10:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I thought you were going to Midland/Odessa because you are a total fan of "Friday Night Lights" and you wanted to check out the town where the movie was filmed...

;) lol.

Hang in there with the school thing. I hope your day off gives you time to re-charge.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home