Above is the days-of-the-week song I wrote for my French class. :-D
Observations.
1. Rita, at least here, is a total hypocrite. Where's the rain? Where's the cool fall air? You suck, Rita. All you did in Houston was make people miserable and hot in their houses with no power. ( And somehow get "Lovely Rita, Meter Maid" by The Beatles stuck in my head all day.)
2. I love me some metrosexual male. Shopping with Matt was a pleasant experience, and he helped me pick out a great (read: non-slutty) outfit for my birthday girls' night out. Shopping with Mikeymo is always fun too. He has good taste. I miss him. Again, fuck you Rita for making travel so expensive.
3. I never believed it at first when I got this wrong on my physiological psyc test lost fall, but the olfactory sense ( scent, dumbasses ) is most tied to memory. I'll buy into that now. For example, I had this Crabtree and Evelyn rosewater hand cream last year. I used it up in about 3 months I was so addicted to it. I couldn't figure out why I loved the smell of it so much...then one day I remembered that I had a tinkerbell powder compact that had almost the exact same scent. Babies of the 80's, do you remember Tinkerbell? Tinkerbell was fake makeup for little girls. They may still have it, but I don't know. But scent is crazy. I am craving the scent of rain and everything associated with fall. I miss cold; the smell of cigarettes with exhaust and baking bread...the smells of Europe. It breaks my heart, but I don't think I can go to Europe until this summer. The malibu just isn't holding up to my commute....I think I may be buying a new car next month.
4. Music. Good music abounds yet again....I have been pointed in the direction of a lot of really good stuff. I think I am the last person to finally get turned onto Sufjan Stevens, but yeah, he's pretty good if you like folky guitar and piano. A little like Damien Rice I guess. And yes Mike, the John Wayne Gacy song is pretty but absolutely creepy. I am also burning a hole in my DCFC "plans" cd. On a completely different plane of music, I've been listening to the 2 nine inch nails singles "only" and "bite the hand that feeds". Good to drive to. I downloaded a lot of old stuff from The Cure, and blast "All the Things That I've Done" by the Killers every time it comes on the radio.
5. I don't know how I feel about turning 23. Indifferent I guess. I had all these plans for this age about 5 years ago and they have all but gone to shit. But that's ok, I'm a completely different Sarah. A better, smarter, more worldly Sarah. I am getting older. Priorities change. Last year at this time I had a good convo with Mike ( 3rd time he gets mentioned in an entry...how silly) . We were drunk in Lubbock and lying on his bed listening to music. I looked at him as sincerely as I could and told him I was so afraid to lose my youth . I felt like it was all downhill and I was already starting to roll on down. Did he feel the same way? Of course not. Not Mee-kay-mo. He rolled his eyes, laughed at me and gave me a huge hug. I was so jealous that he could be so aloof and happy ...not knowing what was in store for him in the future. I wanted that; to not have the urge to plan out the rest of my life. Thus began my quarter life crisis, about 3 years too soon. I'm glad it only lasted about 6 months. I don't think my liver and kidneys could have taken any more time than that! ( Nor would my friendships.) I was an embarrassing mess. What I documented before was only the surface of everything I was going through. I am so much more happy, tame, and maybe a little bit wiser now. :)
6. Who is Anais Nin? I have heard of her and know she wrote books, my myspace buddy is telling me to read her diaries. Does anyone have any insight since I'm too lazy to google her?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home