Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I cried during my conference period today; cried on and off until I got in my car to go home.

6th period will drive me off the deep end. It is my biggest class, with the most gifted & talented kids...yet with the most special ed. It is chock full of mouthy kids with attitudes who like to pretend like they don't care about school. I am trying so hard not to be negative. I agree with Crystal, kids are what you expect them to be. I don't want to dumb down the tests just because my class refuses to study. I know they have the ability to do so. I asked them to copy down the study guide off the overhead and like, half the class doesn't even hear me. I wish it was like the Nelson Center where we could "contain" them and put them in isolation chambers. Some kids cannot handle being around other people to learn because of their ADD-crazy brain. I see the looks of contempt from the smart kids at the pace I'm keeping. I get frustrated but I feel sorry for them. The sad thing is, when I send the problem kids to the learning center...where they get their special ed instruction and personal care, the class runs so much more smoothly. It benefits everyone, especially the kid who is getting individual attention. But no; aparently this mixed level class is the law of the land...yielding me getting tired of having to stop instruction to discipline.

"get back in your chair. get back in your chair. you're getting a detention if i see you out of your chair again. if you don't serve your detention you get a referral. i'm taking points off your participation grade. get back in your chair."

AAAAAAH. I just turned off the projector 5 minutes before the bell and said " Ok, I refuse to teach you if youre going to act like this. If you would like help on your review you will need to come to tutorials on your own time since you've wasted mine." Oh yeah.

But I am so glad I live far away. My drive to and from work is long, but it helps me transition from work to home. And there was no traffic coming home. And hey, that wasn't the only good thing that happened today:
1. About 4 kids either said " bonjour mademoiselle" or "comment-allez vous?" to me in the hall in passing
2. I made pork chops! They were good
3. I had 2 dollar margaritas at Applebee's last night, even if the company was kind of shady.
4. I met a guy on myspace and he seems normal/intelligent enough to meet up with on thursday night....must find wingman(woman) to tag along.
5. AND BEST OF ALL: I DON'T HAVE TO TAKE THE TOPT ON THE DAY AFTER MY BIRTHDAY ANYMORE!!!111
It's on Oct. 15. That means, I HAVE MY WHOLE BDAY WEEKEND **FREE**

And I know what I want to do. Of course, my silent request of a few entries ago still stands. But see, I drive through downtown Dallas everyday. I get my first real, bankin' paycheck on my birthday, I want to do it up big. I want to get really dressed up and go eat some excellent food and drink some excellent wine somewhere downtown. I want to sleep over at a swank hotel like the W, Anatole, or Crescent, then go to either the Aquarium or the new sculpture museum. Or hell, shopping would be fine too. After a room-service breakfast. I would bring a guest, whom I wouldn't mind paying for. I just want good company. So I guess I'm soliciting for my birthday date. I shouldn't say date, it doesn't have to be a date. It might be fun to have girls' night. So yeah. Inquire within.

Hey, Memoirs of a Geisha is going to be a movie. Can't wait!

For you visual people, here are some pictures to stare at...maybe entice you to come see me!











Ok, I think this image is trying to say something about IKEA stuff being cheap because it is made by enslaved Swedish women...but eh, I still want to visit the Frisco store. :)





( Trying not to fall asleep :-D )

oh look at the funfares!

1 Comments:

At 1:03 AM , Blogger soylentdeen said...

hey... I'd buy that table... :-)

Also, I'd be willing to take you up on your birthday date, if I weren't so poor myself. I have around $10 to get me to October....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home