My one roommate is the president of alpha tau omega. My other roommate plays blues guitar at coffee shops while studying to be a band director, and entertains Mary Jane all day in his room.
You know, the arrangement is working ok, for the most part. I enjoyed living with the old roomies, and especially liked living by myself. However, girls tend to be passive aggressive and say ugly things about each other behind their backs. I decided I'd rather keep the friends I have. Living by myself...I had no motivation to really keep the place clean and it was expensive and lonely. Robert and Andrew are tidy for the most part. Once in awhile I'll have to kick the boxer shorts out of the bathroom or leave when there's a frat mtg going on in my living room, or the hall outside Andrew's room smells like "too-much-of-a-good-time".
Just now, a wrecker with this beat up old van showed up to the house and Andrew answered the door. Aparently Robert had bought it for a car bash fund-raiser. So now, there is this hideous van in our driveway, taking up *my* spot. How the hell are they going to get it to campus? It doesn't even have tires.
I figured out that I listen to music about 5 hours out of the day. Sometimes this is more than I actually sleep. No wonder I constantly have something stuck in my head. Today it was:
I'm thinking it's a sign
that the freckles in our eyes are mirror images
and when we kiss they're perfectly alligned
I have to speculate
that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes
like puzzles pieces from the clay
true, it may seem like a stretch
but it's thoughts like this that catch my troubled head
when I am missing you today
when you're out there on the road
for several weeks , it shows
and when you scan the radio
I hope this song will guide you
They will see us waving from such great heights
"Come down now", they'll say
but everything looks perfect from far away
"come down now", but we'll stay.
-- such great heights, the postal service
covered by iron & wine featured in garden state ( but you all know that :))
...and also in a fucking M&M's commercial. Grr.
It's friday and I'm bored. The math teacher and I passed notes all during in-service meetings today. I'm glad there are a few teachers in their 20's...but 26 with a husband and 24 about to buy a house is a lot different than little old me, who still feels 18. I will grow up a lot this year I suppose.
"Getting Old." :)
*Edit* Ok, since I don't get cable I've been forced to watch the news. Oh my GOD. I had nightmares about the hurricane last night...wading through cesspools of dead bodies. People in the Superdome are sitting and waiting in their own filth. I can't imagine what kind of disease is breeding there...disease that is about to get on buses and go to Houston, Dallas. I got a letter in my box that our district is accepting quite a few of these displaced kids. I will have baby Cajuns in my French class...kind of excited about that. But wow, how will those hundreds of thousands of people recover? The police in N.O. are living at wal-mart, eating what's off the shelves. A lot are giving up, turning their badge in, and getting the hell out. This is surreal, like a movie. " The Day After Tomorrow" comes to mind. Their Mayor got ON RECORD and used the G-D word. Whoa. I just...can't wrap my mind around it.

1 Comments:
Thanks for the good luck.
I'm glad the living situation is going all right. My one roommate put cleavage in the living room along with a strobe light and black light, I think I should (passive-aggressively ;) convince him to move it to the bar room.
Oh and I really liked Nagin's speeches hehe. I mean, politicians needed to be manhandled a long time ago.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home