Thursday, August 25, 2005

So it's 12:30 on a thursday and I'm not at work. I feel very disappointed in myself for not going...but I have good reasons.

I need to make up some sort of "come to jesus" speech for my classes about the discipline issue. I'm trying to use my psyc skillz...I figure they constantly ask questions and make comments because maybe they don't get attention at home. That may be it, in which case I feel sad and want to nurture them. However, it may be just that they want to keep me off the task at hand. Maybe it's both. In any case, I'm going to tell them that we can either cooperate and get to do the fun stuff like have food on Mardi Gras and do skits...or they can lose all their privelages and just do bookwork. ( I would never be able to get away with that. When teachers get observed, they expect you to be all over the place with the crazy, kookie activities to make these kids with attention spans of fruit flies learn more. ) Sigh. I still have hope. It's only the 3rd week.

Another good reason I didn't go today was that gas is now 2.65 a gallon. To go to work and back costs me about 10 bucks, and I just didn't have that today. I broke down and applied for a credit card, but I haven't gotten it yet. I get paid tomorrow, thank Jebus.

So tomorrow is going to be better. I'm going to be wide-awake and efficient. I'm going to have all my progress report grades turned in and my lessons done for next week....

....so that when I'm hanging out with Mike this weekend I won't have a care in the world!!! I can't wait.

6 Comments:

At 11:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:16 PM , Blogger Su said...

Damn spammers! :)

Hello there. Bona fide blogger here. Not trying to sell you anything... well, not unless your interested in...

... oh, sorry, getting a little side-tracked there. :)

Interesting blog... I'll be reading.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home