Review of Midland/Odessa:
Hmm. Honestly, I didn't really spend a whole lot of time outside. However, I was welcomed by flat scrubby, shrubby fields and stereotypical Texans with cowboy hats and big smiles. I saw a Permian HS football game which is ironic, bc Amy talked about that ( friday night lights). We didn't stay long because it was more of an obligation to one of Mike's friends, but it was cool to see what the ENTIRE TOWN of Odessa does on fridays.
I had a good time. We saw a few movies, had some good couch potato action, and just did what Sarahs and Mikes typically do. Seriously, if God had made me a skinny boy with mousy chestnut hair, my name would have been Mikeymo. He's my male counterpart, if there ever were such a thing. So fun. I told him these past 2 times hanging out with him this month, I have come home feeling so relaxed and sane.
Here are the pictures we took. Points of interest include the fake stonehenge at UT Permian Basin and the bottle of Island Breeze Baccardi we killed. ( Defintely gotta get some more of that for my happy hours for one in front of my computer after work ! )
Ok, tomorrow I have to go to more training. Back into teacher mode.
Hey! The streetlights all burnt out.
Une annee sans lumieres.
Je monte un cheval,qui porte des oeilleres
.Hey, my eyes are shooting sparks,
la nuit, mes yeux t'eclairent.
Ne dis pas a ton pere
qu'il porte des oeillieres.
Hey, your old man should know,
if you see a shadow
,there's something there.
( Arcade fire is good for starry nights through the sunroof :) )

3 Comments:
Cute photo. :)
And I think its hilarious you actually caught one of the football games...were the people there as scary as the ones in the movie?
Ah, vous avez l'air très mignon ensemble! ;)
merci beaucoup!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home