Friday, September 09, 2005

Highschool is such an interesting little microcosm. Most people...don't want to be there. Everyone's waiting for something. The dumb cliques never change..."mean girls"? So much truth in it. I recommend it if you haven't seen it; look past the Lindsey Lohan hype. It's so weird to see the social hierarchy of highschool from the "other side of the table". I always do my best to say hi to each and everyone of my students when I have lunch duty, especially the ones who sit alone. I haven't decided if they appreciate this or not. I bet it doesn't look good to their peers, but they're still so young, I think that kind of validation from their teachers still gives them a boost I think. I know it did for me. 14 and 15 is such a tough age, especially for girls. *Shiver*. Wouldn't go back for the world.

I did it again last night; "napped" at 7 to wake up at 9 and see my friends, but slept all the way til 5. Ok, I woke up 2 AM to walk into the living-room fraternity meeting in my pajamas and squinty eyes to make a point. ( Yep; I'll be moving this winter for sure). I was running into Albertson's at 5:30 AM to buy some candy for my little gremlins and I passed some kids in punk attire in the parking lot...probably coming from taco cabana, and before that, Hailey's or Lou's. I got so sad and envious. When will I ever get over that?



But I'm moving right along. Darren, the music teacher at the intermediate school, asked me to hang out after work sometime. Now tha's nice; my first friend I've met on the job. He went to UNT and did jazz. He's only like a year older than I am, so I'm sure we have a lot in common. We talked during our lame workshop yesterday ...had some laughs, killed some time.

I'm glad it's the weekend again. 23 is in 21 days. And I'll just come right out and say it, because I don't think I'll get it:

All I want is for Michael Lawrence Morrison to come out for the weekend. I'm saving IKEA for you, dear. I'm saving the green building, the over-priced bars, the giant aquarium, and sunday morning all for you, buddy. Don't let my birthday be lame!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home