Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I've got so many routines, you think I would actually be an organized person. Haaaaa.

Having *some* sort of structure helps me feel sane though. Just little things; like coming home, putting my shoes up, washing the vis-a-vis marker off my hands, making a drink and turning on the music and thinking about how I would like to electronically vent today. But expect me to have all my bullshit paperwork turned into whoever on time? Sorry bucko. I guess I should feel like a hypocrite when I'm pissed that my students don't always turn their work in. Apathy and forgetfulness are tough dragons to slay.

Ok y'all, Walmart brand "indulgent" trail mix? Party in my mouth. Not that I want to perpetuate the Walton Empire, but cashews, peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, peanuts, almonds, and dried cranberries...oh my. You can bet that I'm gaining back all the pounds that people keep remarking that I've lost.

http://www.pbs.org/pov/pov2005/hobart/index.html
<---- really cool show that Mikey told me to watch last night. ( we are the biggest pbs nerds ever). It's about a 5th grade teacher who teaches Shakespeare...and the kids really respond to it. The big deal is it's like a rough part of LA. He knows how to write grants really well so he gets all this money to take his kids all over the country. They learn math by playing guitar. ALL of them. And what astonished me most of all......his class was SO WELL BEHAVED. These were all immigrant children from the projects. I came to work today all inspired. I've been told not to smile til Christmas, but I tried to lighten up today. I was more congenial, and even gave detentions with a smile. " You know...I'm going to have to call your dad again, I'm afraid to say." Seasoned veteran teachers would probably say " NOOOOOOO". But to my surprise I got: " Aww, I'm sorry, miss. I'll be good." And he was! So that was a tiumph for today. But let me tell ya, what works one day won't always work the next. Some days are just....bad.

OH! I got my N'Awlins babies today. They are so sweet and timid right now ( wait til the kids here corrupt them), and 2 of the 3 have taken French already.

I was driving down 35 today coming home from work singing John Mayer at the top of my lungs when I speed by this green dodge shadow with the hood up....

David is one of maybe 2 or 3 people in DFW that owns a '93 dodge shadow.

Sure enough, I picked up my phone to call him to make sure he was ok...and he calls at that very instant. I picked his hot miserable self up and we had chipotle. I know how much that sucks to have car trouble. I'm glad that I can be there for him like alllll the times he was there for me.

So, it's been a good day :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home