Monday, September 12, 2005

Some of the (incorrect) quiz answers I got to friday's épreuve/petit examen:
Question: Conjugate the "I" form of "to like" en français( answer: J'aime )

* I like. derrr, since this isn't FRENCH CLASS and all...I got about 17 papers with this.
* The Humble Possum knows. hmm, well let me know where he is so I can give him his failing quiz grade.
* La Elado. Ok, so now I know how to say ice cream...in Spanish...
* I don't know. The typical 'I'm just going to put something down' answer
* LE SINGE!!!!( In big green letters) Hey, that was my favorite word too in French I ( monkey)

And those were just the wrong answers that were funny or atypical. The quiz did not go so hot because it was fill-in-the-blank and I counted off for spelling. I decided they were being coddled way too much...they needed to learn how to study at home. I stand by my decision. I'll reteach and review, but the mostly failing quiz grades should be a wake-up call.

I got observed today while I was playing jeopardy. I got very nervouse about classroom management; even though the kids were getting into the game and participating, it was rowdy. I have had 3 dreams now where I am screaming at the top of my lungs to my class to quiet down, and theyre either laughing at me, or ignoring me completely. In one dream I broke down in tears. I've had some days where it has almost been that bad, sad to say...but I've always been able to regain composure. So I figured I would get a lukewarm review because of the rowdiness. I ended the game a little short to do a formal review and thank the Lord, the kids paid attention and answered my questions, asked good questions themselves.I think they know when shit's goin down, and they don't want me to look bad.

Anyway, my observer praised me and told me I was doing a good job. That was a relief. She said, " And you have such a magnificent French accent, where did you study overseas?" :-D Heh. ( FYI it's not that great, my accent, but I don't sound like Peggy Hill and that's a-ok with me).

More Later, I have a dinner date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home