Thursday, February 02, 2006

Why can't there just be an interconnected series of underground tunnels, complete with bullet trains...so you can have a drink with a friend who lives 300 miles away, then be home in time to go to sleep at a decent hour?

Technology once again can't keep up with the speed of our ideas.

I think I know what I want to do for spring break. I'm going to Austin with Matt for a few days. A far cry from Cali or NY or skiing, but south by southwest is in town. I've always wanted to go...but I have a question for my "hip" friends down with the Austin scene *cough* Amy S, Lindsey: If you want to go to just a few of the music shows ( Burden Brothers, Jamie Cullum, catpower, belle and sebastian, dresden dolls, flogging molly, hotel lights, Rhett Miller) ok that's a lot - would I have to register for the festival? I know a week-long pass is like 200 dollars. The website just confuses me. Let me know if you can figure it out.

http://2006.sxsw.com/music/festival/

1 Comments:

At 12:21 PM , Blogger lindsey. said...

yeah, I'd check the webpages of bands you want to see. the year I went, i had somehow obtained a day pass wristband for about $80, I think it was. I couldn't find anything like that on their page, I'd just give sxsw headquarters a call. 512-467-7979.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home