1. I can't watch this "Oprah Legends Ball" thing. She's so self-important. I mean it's nice to have role models...but she keeps coming out in a different dress and making me roll my eyes.
2. Suzi told me she was engaged today.......................................
3. Aparently a friend of mine has massive heart failure and it's too awkward to ask him the prognosis. Pray if ya do.
4. A student of mine handed me a folded note today in which she told me that she appreciated she had learned so much from me, and appologized for the behavior of her classmates and told me she knew I had been through a lot. She wished me better luck next year and that she would come back any chance she got. I'm going to frame it. I haven't been that thrilled with accomplishment in a long time, and got teary-eyed thinking about it for the rest of the day.
5. Today was the last day of lunch duty and ISS, ever. I refuse to do that again. Again, I am thrilled.
5. I made beautiful pancakes and scrambled eggs with tobasco for dinner. Even though I'm kind of broke right now, I live in abundance.
6. I take the PPR on Jun. 10, and the GRE's July 9. I have decided Texas Woman's is my first choice for my masters, since I met some women who had gone there. They have two campuses in the area and a lot of night classes so I could teach full-time. But man, talk about stress...
And as I was driving today ( and driving and driving ), I realized that I absolutely hate the word "proximity". Will divulge on that some other time.
So. I charged my creative zen and everytime that happens I rediscover music I haven't listened to in awhile.
playlist 5/22:
In Between Days Ben Folds
New Favorite Allison Kraus
Telescope Eyes Eisley
Delicate Damien Rice
Carry on My Wayward Son Kansas
Levon Elton John
1000 Things Jason Mraz
The New Year Death Cab for Cutie
Family Tree Ben Kweller
My Cherie Amour Stevie Wonder
Confessions Part II Usher ( awwwww yeaah, i dunno why but i love this song)
Hallelujah Rufus Wainwright ( there's about 10 versions of this song, I like this one best )

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home