Good mornin'. This has been the longest week I've had in a long time. I've gone to being 100% sure I was going to quit teaching for good, ( resignation letter in hand! ) , to being sick in bed; sleep-deprived, then back to saying " well, ok. one more year."
After I got tired of reading e-mail after e-mail about how I need to get my 2 years of coursework and testing done by June, I called Reg. X and told them that I was no longer interested in pursuing my certificate. That I felt like I was being beat to a pulp, every day, with little reward. My 'mentor' said " I know. But you can't quit. You'll be fine in about 2 weeks, after school's out." This pissed me off. " No...I've been going back and forth about this since January...and teaching was never meant to be a career for me; just something to do to cushion my resume for bigger and better things." Long story short, she agreed to recommend me for probationary certificate renewal if I take my PPR. The last test and last course can wait until August. Well ok then.
But I was like " yeah, not workin' here next year. " I almost mockingly asked God, the day before ( after a snotty-ass BITCH of an 11th grader ) sorry, I had to get that out, told me that I was a failure of a teacher and should go back to college after I wouldn't exempt her from my 75-question exam( oh boo fucking hoo, life is so hard, baby i know ).Anyway I asked ' give me a sign if you really want me to stay here'. As I was walking to the office next day, letter of resignation in hand...my department head stopped me. " So-and-so wrote his essay about you and your class. He said great things. Good job." That was nice. Closer to the office, a counselor stopped me. " Hey...would you mind taking the French II AP classes? There's only 2 and they're small." It turns out since my arrival, enrollment in French increased by about 20 people from last year. ( Ok, I can't attribute that to myself, but that's cool.) If I took those classes I would finally break 100 students...and would not have my shitty lunch/ISS duty. I think that would make my life at work about 50% better. ( less babysitting )
And so...well, I threw the letter away. Still keeping an open mind about other places. I swear, I've never worked so hard in my life...not even in college.
Last night I took a much-needed break and had an actual date with Matt. Thai food and DaVinci Code. ( You're better off reading the book ). But, I liked how they stayed pretty close to the plot...didn't really like Audrey Tautou speaking English. Now that she's the stupid French " It-girl", her Amélie cuteness and innocence is all but gone. Tom Hanks looking all old with squinty eyes has an uncanny resemblance to my dad, and that gave me the creeps.
Speaking of which, NYC in less than a month :-D
Dinner with Mikeymo and his girl tonight...yay! And I think I found an apartment and summer job. And I only have a week with children left, and most those days are half days!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home