Sunday, May 14, 2006

Yesterday was a perfect food day. If I died yesterday, it would have been OK.

Brunch: Cafe Brazil, the one in Deep Ellum. I had smoked turkey and cheese crepes with a spicy cream sauce; rosemary potatoes, sourdough toast with strawberry jam

Late Lunch: I asked my mom where she wanted to go for her Mothers' Day meal. I told her I would take her anywhere...and she chose Pei Wei. I lucked out I guess :) We shared lettuce wraps ( with that perfect mix of soy, chile, and spicy mustard that you mix together to top them ), and I got mongolian spicy chicken with sugar snap peas and brown rice.

Dinner: Matt's ballin' after pay day, so he took me to Hannah's on the square. I still wasn't hungry after pigging out all day long, so we shared calamari ( which I'm usually not a fan of , but this was very yummy ), mojitos ( rummy minty lime drink ), and a big ol' piece of perfect key lime pie. I was so stuffed.

Oh, but that wasn't the end. We met up with G-town Julie and her new (36!) year old boyfriend, and went to Texas Jive where they advertised " FREE PIZZA AND CIGARETTES!" TJ's pizza is the best. I had 3 little squares. I was good and turned down the cigarettes. ( It is not in my nature to turn down anything free.)

I dreamed I threw up, over and over again....and when I woke up, I felt so bad I wish I had .

Oh, big props to Brenterson for showing me around Dallas apartment complexes. ( He took me to the Kirby Residence; this huge historic building way downtown. ) The inside looks like a gothic cathedral. The apartments are lofts with original wood floors and marble, at 690 bucks/mo for 520 square feet. Heh. I could play hopscotch in the floor tiles...1.50, 3.00, 4.50...( 1.50 per sq ft YIKES ). It was really cool nonetheless...it would not feel like living in Texas. I could have my own sitcom if I lived there.

Pretty much everywhere I've looked is insanely expensive. I feel like I'm being punished for being single, for needing to live by myself.

You've got your "food hoe", who goes on a date just for the free meal,
the "gas hoe", ( a new kind of hoe with today's prices ), who befriends someone who is willing to drive orr crashes on your couch because you live close to their job...
I'm considering being an "apartment hoe"...dating someone for the purpose of getting a one-bedroom and splitting the rent.

Just kidding. I guess.

4 Comments:

At 2:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love that your perfect day consists of eating rediculous amounts of food.

 
At 1:52 PM , Blogger Su said...

Apartment-hunting: I feel your pain! In Geneva, taxes are higher for single people than for married couples. Which is nuts because logically, because a couple who share rent have more money available for taxing. I have just reached the conclusion that I will only be able to afford a flat if I share it.

And that sucks!

 
At 7:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

 
At 7:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home