Bongiorno. Last night Matt and I met up with our aquantance Principesa Ciccia. She is a Sarah Elizabeth as well, and Sarah means princess, and princess in Itallian is Principesa. So in essence, she is my Sicilian big-New-Jersey haired counterpart. I actually met her at graduation last year; we were in alphabetical order. We realized we had taken the partnership abuse course together, and both agreed it had sucked hardcore. She turned up again just recently when she started dating Cruz, a friend of Matt's.
Among other things, she remarked on how temporary everything felt like now. She said when she graduated, she thought that things would fall in place and even if circumstances weren't awesome, she at least thought she would have some stability and permanance.
" I know!"
So I wondered if everyone who sat in that auditorium with me that day, the day which was supposed to be an end to strife and struggle of being a poor college minion...was feeling the same way, a year later. " This isn't what I thought it would be."
Anyway. I've done a lot of fun things lately! Last week me and my newfound friend Brent Brenterson aka Brentasaurus aka Senor Brent went to see the 88 and Matt Costa at Gypsy Tea Room. Twas much fun..expensive drinks...Matt Costa=really good, folky, singer-songwriter type of guy. I have to say I almost enjoyed 'the 88' better though. You may recognize them from the target commerical about "putting color in your world". We walked around Deep Ellum and didn't get shot at. All the stuff about crime is a myth now because...there are NO PEOPLE IN DEEP ELLUM to create crime. It's sad. I wasn't old enough to hang out there when it was in its prime. Brentasaurus the Real Estate Mogul insists it will bounce back when the DART rail builds a station there. We shall see.
I spent Cinco de Mayo drinking with the teachers. Man. Boozing and complaining. Such is our lives. Later that night ended the great Matt and Sarah break. Honestly, I don't know what to say about that. I think we're still figuring it out.
Today I saw " Thank You for Smoking" with Luis. It was really, really funny and I recomend it. I looked around at apartments and I'm liking what I'm seeing. Have not heard yet on other jobs I've sent resumes to yet. ( I do have a lead on a good summer job, though.)
Oh, did I mention one of my best friends in the world is finally moving to Big D? Mikeymo got the job he wanted, and after 3 years, we will finally live in the same city. ( Probably no more than 10 miles away from each other!) So of course, Project Tunnel -to- Lubbock/Midland complete with Bullet Train has been abandoned. If only Suzi would freakin move....
sigh.
Well, I have to write the last week of lesson plans of the year. Can we say..."movie day"?

1 Comments:
When's your last day of school?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home