Saturday, May 06, 2006

Being pulled in all directions.

I dreamt I was holding my puppy dog in my lap and reading old letters crumpled up in the bottom of my backpack. I couldn't get warm. It was outside in what seemed to be a cemetary...but not one of those ominous ones; it looked like a park. I was talking to people I vaguely knew coming out of a funeral. I got up, got in my car, and drove to the dorm I lived as a sophomore. I drove right through the doors, and my car glided right up the stairs...all 8 flights. Except when I got through the doors of the stairwell, there were no doors to the dorm rooms. Then I realized my car was half-teetering off the side of the building. I had to slam my weight against the opposite side of car to level myself.

So I'm staring at my B of A in psychology on the wall and am thinking " ok self, what the hell does that mean? "

My roommate won't stop playing the "hey you're crazy bitch but you fuck so good i'm on top of this" song. it's good and ironic background music to THE DULL NAGGING PAIN IN MY SOUL.

2 Comments:

At 2:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It means that you can't go back and hold onto any of the familiar things. You try, but you're left hanging. You feel on the edge of a cliff falling into disaster-the unknown. And you made the choice to throw yourself FORWARD, and not to fall into the abyss.

Or it could just be the hair thing.

 
At 5:45 PM , Blogger Twentysomething said...

good thinkin' anonymous. i think that's it. while my hair does cause much strife, i don't think i would have to dream about it in metaphors.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home