Progress check! Week 1 of my diet, I lost 3 lbs. That's the norm, I'm not impressed, because it usually comes right back. I will have to work twice as hard to keep it off. I gave myself 2 (within reason ) cheat meals this weekend. 1) Chuck E. Cheese's. You know, they have pretty good pizza and breadsticks. And I totally cleaned house on Lord of the Rings Pinball. 2) Wingstop. I don't know how many chickens with small wings had to die for my delicious feast of teriyaki and buffalo hot wings. Yum.
The GRE is this friday, so I'm taking off work. There was SUPPOSED to be an ice storm last week, but it was laughable. I still had to go to work and wrangle children. I have vowed to try harder this week, because honestly, I just dictated from my desk last week. I just wasn't feeling it.
Last night Matt and I went out with our friends Cruz and other-sarah. There's really nothing better to do, so we went out to try some bars that we don't normally go to. We first went to Andy's basement, where we found 40-something men with hair down to their waists and dog collars around their necks. Next was The Loophole...which was where the college kids who like country go I guess. We finally went to this bar on the industrial side of town, where we met Cruz's mom, lol. They were playing Tejano really loud and a guy in tight jeans and a t-shirt that said " I'm not only perfect I'm a redneck too" challenged Cruz to some pool. The funny thing was, that guy actually had a red neck. It was an experience. So, we ended up back at our usual hangout, where hilarity ensued.
Life is good right now. I'll think of something more poignant to say later.

1 Comments:
Kick ass and chew bubble gum on the GRE!!
You'll probably do great on the verbal, cause a lot of really tough words in English are similar to easy spanish/french/latin words.
Good luck!
I'm kidding about the bubble gum part... unless you want to.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home