Wednesday, April 04, 2007

there's this site called teachers' discovery where you could get anything you could ever want for your classroom. Recently my friend and 'team leader' A said " hey man we gotta spend our 400 dollar budget or we're going to lose it. " So, I spent my portion on dvds, books, and these flipping sweet stickers that say " C'EST FORMIDABLE!" and shit. So here I am buzzed on so-and-so many miller lites previewing a dvd of "publicites francaises" for my class tomorrow...and wouldn't you know it's the same 80's commercials I watched in French I, 10 years ago. I'm in my pj's by myself singing " un deux trois, aquafresh trois!" They've even got he-man and she-ra and Barbies' "systeme de fitnesse." This is my childhood right here. I hope the kids are entertained as much as I am right now. Boy.

BA HAHAHAHA the credits are rolling on the tape right now, and if you want to write to Teachers' Discovery, the adress is such-and such Big Beaver Rd. BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

I've been teaching 9th grade for TOO LONG! " say yo miss, what's 'menage a trois'?"

God if I hear that one more time I swear I'll....

**********

The weather is beautiful right now. I'm feeling way too lonely and nostalgic. The only thing I get to talk about with my estranged best friend anymore is the color of our bridesmaid dresses...which ok, I'm pretty excited about. But still. My how things have changed.

I live with a bunch of Indians. I mean, there are a lot of computer-y type places around where I live, so there are a lot of people of middle-eastern descent who are attracted to this area for IT jobs. My neighbor is a chain smoker bachelor, who leaves his windows open and smokes on his balcony while he talks in his language on the phone to who knows. I've never seen him have people over. He doesn't have real furniture. He has 2 computers in his living room and foldable chairs. His coffee table is a box. And yes, I am nosy. But, intrigued! I want to have a cigarette with this dude and learn his story. After all, he asked me if I needed assistance on the night of my birthday when I was wasted out of my mind, locked out of my own apartment.....but that's neither here nor there. Then there are the Indian housewives that live downstairs, who take evening walks in all weather in their bright saris and make exotic smells waft into my apartment that make me drool every day about 7 PM. Whenever I feel lonely and out of place, I think about how it could be worse. Well, maybe not worse, but more complex.

I could be on another continent, still lonely, but not knowing the langauge or a single native soul.

Anyway, OOH Lost is on. ADD much?

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

indians are everwhere here. some even run a pizza joint by the bar we play poker at. odd, since i thought pork was bad with them

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home