Monday, June 11, 2007

Can we say STRESS???

I flipping hate moving. Moving usually happens in the summer when it is a million degrees outside. Matt and I are both lazy and so far do not have anyone helping us. And I am NOT driving the Uhaul. My mom and stepdad are in Mexico and to be honest, I don't want my dad to find out that I'm living with a boy. So that help is out. I haven't started packing yet because I have loved living alone in my tree-surrounded apartment by the oasis-like pool. Everything has a place in my abode...and Matt, while decently organized, is a man so you know how that goes. It will take me awhile to say goodbye to Dallas.

I will find out for sure if I get the job on Friday, after they check my credentials and all. Im super paranoid about all that...even though I'm a legit teacher, I still feel like a phony.

This past Saturday I got to be a wingman for the first time :). When Mikeymo told me he was meeting a girl from myspace in my mind I thought of the worst case scenario. I for some reason feel protective of Mike and don't want him to date the run-of-the-mill vapid bitch. I was very impressed with this girl. She made me feel included; she was pretty, educated, I wondered why she was still single. She then started talking about her computer programming job. Ahh, a smart girl. REALLY smart girl. Guys are intimidated by that. And then: she revealed she was a bigtime battlestar gallactica fan. I sent her mental signals " NOOO! Danger!" Nothing against the show, Im sure it's good and all, but you can't reveal your nerdy pursuits on night 1! Just like Mike shouldn't reveal that he watches HGTV non stop. That whole ordeal made me realize that having wingmen/women are actually a good idea for first dates, so you can pull the datees aside and say " hey dont go there just yet!" I thought about saying something about it when we went to the bathroom together, but talking about shoes was more fun. So yeah, cool girl, I approve, I hope they don't screw this up bc I want her to be my friend lol

The last thing of note from over the weekend is Matt's contribution to the new apartment: The nintendo wii. He's so proud of that thing...waited in line at toys r us with a hangover on sunday morning just to get it. I like mario party and the shooting games, he likes zelda. Zelda just pisses me off...reminds me a lot of 'myst'. I took a nap on the couch while he was trying to catch a fish to feed to a cat that he needed to lure back to its owner so Zelda could buy a slingshot from her. After my 2 hour nap was up, he was still playing. And 3 hours after that. And right now, as we speak, even though he has work in an hour. I don't want to know when the last time was when he had a shower. Still, it's nice to have the wii and will be cool to have people over to play with us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home