Monday, May 21, 2007

I have my interview scheduled this Thursday. Send me happy thoughts...I feel really positive about this one.

Grad school is being pushed to fall, if you're wondering what's happened with that. I finally called and T-dub didn't let a whole bunch of new people in for the summer, they pretty much said " wait and see about fall"....I guess that's a good thing. I need these 2 months to decompress and get used to a new chapter.

This thursday will be 2 years since I first met Matt. We don't have an anniversary, really, but this is the closest thing to it. I kept reminding him about it and he would roll his eyes...."but I had been stalking you years before that!" He's kidding, I think. May 24th is very significant, though. Upon meeting him, I had no idea we would become what we are, but whatever I felt at that time, I knew it was a good thing.

We met at Lucky Lou's Bar ( known affectionately as Lou's, woot Fry St. ) . Ok ok, we technically met on facebook, with APO and psychology classes in common. I took my friend at the time Mayumi as a safety buffer, and he took his old roommate Jason. I told him what I would be wearing and he gave me his number and I was nervous!! When he finally came up to me at the bar, the first thing I noticed were his big lash-y eyes and white crocodile smile with dimples. From the internet I couldn't tell he was so South American, so this was kind of a surprise...but I liked it. He was different; exotic. The horrible thing was ( on my part ), seconds before Matt walked up to introduce himself, some random guy offered me a free drink to pretend to hit on his friend. The friend was trying to ditch another annoying, clingy girl and they thought if I showed attention, the other girl would get the hint. I don't know whyI agreed....well, yeah I do...I'm a pushover and would do almost anything at the time for a free drink. Their plan failed miserably and I ran to the other side of the bar where Matt was playing pool with my daiquiri. By excusing myself right after meeting him,he thought that I took one look at him and wanted to run! I felt so bad. Thankfully, everything after that turned out great. He was charismatic, funny, very much the gentleman, and called as soon as I left to thank me for coming out. Definite warm fuzzies. The rest is history. After 2 years and learning so much about him, all our ups and downs.... my smiling Matt from that day at Lou's still shines through, and it's what makes me stay so in love.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home