I am in the midst of produce thieves. My roommates have been nabbing my green bell peppers. My 89 cent each hand-picked with care organic bells. Granted I have been spoiled lately...most meals made or purchased by other people thanks to my birthday :), I am a little perturbed!
So I even the playing field and stole some of their wild turkey.
*gag*
In other news, I've been thinking about grad school, and. I don't think I want to go into school psychology anymore. I am still interested in the work a diagnostician does, but the bureaucracy of the Texas school system is ugly and twisted.
Matt's taking physiological psychology right now and I'm remembering how fascinated I was in there. Maybe I'm ooching back over to neuroscience and cognition? What kind of job could I get with that sort of degree?
It'd be cool to get paid to research. I know people actually do that, but I think I missed the boat on that one. Psyc research is very elite. I think about "Kinsey" a lot, how did he get away with that as being "scientific"? Especially with his hard-fact biologist colleagues. The one problem with that film is....they didn't emphasize that a lot of people slammed the door in his face.
If I researched, it would probably have to do with something about hormone levels...estrogen, testoserone, oxytocin, endorphins etc and their correlations in aggressiveness, feminity, spacial intelligence, feelings of love, sexual orientation, creativity, etc etc etc. I know a lot of that has been done, but I think it's all so fascinating.
I hope the world is still my oyster :)

2 Comments:
It seems like school systems in most places are pretty twisted. The northwest always seems innocent though.. or maybe you should teach in a socialistic society like northern europe or pennsylvania.
and it's never too late to be elite. you might have had a quarter life crisis (they're proving that to be generational, by the way, if you can believe that. the earlier gen x just wants to pin us as some sort of lazy products of overachieving boomers), but you've definitely got the discipline and smarts in you.
i've been curious about careers in neuroscience too. seems like you can go medical or research or medical research. my plan is jump in and see where it takes me.
http://www.sciencejobs.com/
and happy birthday, damnit!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home