Saturday, January 14, 2006

Ok, well, I was talked out of France. Again. I would most likely be going alone since Matt wants to work through most his spring break. I got a lecture on how I should be saving money, too. I hated it, but he was right...I need to start saving habits now so I can ween myself off of taking my dad's money when he offers it. So, I put money in savings. It felt good...especially since it's just there; safe. Maybe in a few months I'll buy a laptop. Or a car. Or designer shoes.

Just kidding.

I may go somewhere else for a few days over spring break, me and Matt thought about skiing, but I've ruled that out after Casey's misadventure. I'm thinking San Francisco now. Or anywhere BUT DENTON. It seriously is a sucking black hole. While pouting, I told Matt I was so tired of doing the same thing everyday. So, being the little pseudo psychotherapist he is, he told me I need to make little projects for myself. I love to plan things; make lists. Not that I'm very good at keeping the things up...my learning style is " abstract sequential". I don't mind chaos but I need to have at least the illusion of organization. So I'm going to try this. I mean, I've been slacking on the little "enrichments" I was trying to give myself. Maybe that's why I feel like I'm in a slump.

My big project for this weekend is this desk. I was using this ancient table I've had since the dawn of time, but during "power hour" miller time with my roommates, I was IMWI ( instant messaging while intoxicated), and somehow rammed my computer chair into one of the table legs and the whole thing collapsed. Anyway. I am making a pilgrimmage to ikea, purchasing the desk, and assembling it tomorrow. I'm overhauling my room and finally unpacking the boxes I've had around since AUGUST.

I'm going to start reading A Million Little Pieces as well. I'll see if it's worth the hype and let you know.

I'm watching "real simple" on PBS, they're talking about foreign words that make it into English....all the words you've heard over and over but have no idea what they mean. Here are a few:

schadenfreude: a person who takes joy in the misery of others
quid pro quo: tit for tat, even exchange
zeitgeist: the style of the times; I always heard this in relation to the philosophy or idea of the era
mea culpa: my fault

" words are only vain sounds if you do not know their meaning" -- anatole france

ciao :-D

3 Comments:

At 11:55 AM , Blogger crystal said...

If you change your mind on skiing, I'm in ;)

In fact, Casey's situation had to be rare. I've been tons of times and haven't had any injuries *knock on wood*

We, in fact, have a small Whistler trip to Canada Feb 23-26 if you're interested going with.

But I guess then you wouldn't be saving money.

Sorry, I don't mean to advocate spending money. Save, save, save... but have fun.

 
At 12:51 PM , Blogger Twentysomething said...

DON'T TEMPT ME! I LOVE CANADA!

 
At 9:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't know who the other amy is, but i have thought about checking out that book myself. let me know if it is worth it or not.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home