Seriously, I think I'm going to start donating to PBS. I don't have cable in my room, but sometimes this is so much better. Last night I watched "Yesterday" when I got bored with the Rose Bowl. It absolutely broke my heart. Read what's on the link, then go rent it if you can find it. Tonight I watched a Rick Steve's show about Italy and right now I'm watching George Harrison's Concert for Bangladesh from 1971. There's some really freakin' good music on here...Eric Clapton and Bob Dylan when they were really young.
You know what else is pretty good? Austin NPR. I listened to it with my dad on the way to my Aunt's, and in between wacky news and stories, they played Willie Nelson back to back with Death Cab for Cutie. ( And not the mediocre single that's on all the clear channel stations...they played " different names for the same thing" ) That's a big deal.
Someone set off a stink bomb in the boy's bathroom today. I saw some smoke in the hall and got really worried. I quickly realized what it was. Siiiigh. You know I don't even care because...the umm " Derière", as the principal calls these 2 kids BOTH got sent to Alternative School. Seriously, all the teachers that had these were doing jigs in the teacher's lounge.
I'm joining jazzercize with the other teachers. This makes me feel freakin old but I'm getting "office ass". Or teacher's ass, whatever. I just don't feel comfortable. I'm hungry all day and our stupid cafeteria doesn't have healthy food because it doesn't sell. The salads sit there wilted and sad...and overpriced. I've been doing some pilates-type things at home, but I've never seen any results with that.
Anyway. If this is all rambly and such it's because I'm trying to avoid going to bed. I feel like such a loser going to bed so early. Blah blah blah
Random fact: Did you know Ravi Shankar is Norah Jones' dad? And that she lived in Grapevine TX for awhile and studied jazz at UNT?
( To me, the citar sounds like a big echo-y banjo. My roommate likes to get baked and play his in the living room as such. Yeah I know, this living arrangement makes no sense...a frat president, batty french teacher, and blues musician/high school band director-to-be. Eh, it works ok...but I digress! )
Oh, another random link I read today in downtime at work:
Turkish Delight
For anyone who's seen "Narnia" or read the book. ( Or like me and my sister, watched the animated version in the 80's about a million times ). I used to imagine it tasted like some kind of sweet meat. I guess I was pretty far off :)
Ok, au lit. Bonsoir.

2 Comments:
i'm so glad i'm not the only PBS lover out there. it kicks major ass!
While living in Ireland I used to eat Turkish delight all the time. I totally love the stuff, but some of it tastes like shite!
I too had longed for the taste, because I had seen "narnia"...
Great blog!
Cheers from Norway - Eilen/Monsoon
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home