Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas, y'all.

I'm at my momma's and it looks like the celebration is going to be high class, low-key. ( JK about the high class part. )

I ate a lot of ham last night, and this morning I had pumpkin pie with whipped cream. Am thinking about having more ham, with eggs and some homemade salsa. Yesterday while doing last-minute shopping, Matt said " uh, baby...you have a huge hole in the seat of your jeans." Sadly, that was the second pair of jeans my badonkadonk had outgrown in a week. I shouldn't have told him this, as he started to laugh and sing the "lovely lady lumps" song. I poked his tummy and called him "Ponch". We've both been living the good life and it shows around our waist lines. We've vowed that, after Christmas, we're going to work out and I'm going to go back on whatever diet that was in August that helped me lose 10 pounds. Blah.

He got me one of those cool space-age memory foam pillows along with some vanilla sugar smelly-good stuff, because boys like when girls smell like cookies. I love my pillow, but it was unusual so I asked him why he got it for me..." because you're a pillow hog." We're going to the Hotel Intercontinental New Years party, so that should be awesome too. And then there's my present to myself, Francey-pants this spring break. And maybe a new car, if I find a good deal....which I haven't yet. Grr.

Ian got a new dog...an overweight jack russell named Ginger. She's a sweetie...glad Christmas is still fun for him.

I drifted off daydreaming during the Christmas Eve service last night, until the reading about Mary and the angel. I must have the mind of a 12-year-old, because when the minister read, " ...and Mary said ' how shall this happen, since I am a virgin?' the angel replied, " the Holy Spirit will come upon you...'" I had to bite my lip to keep from snickering. Then I started to think about Eddie Izzard's bit about the Church of England and Jeezy Creezy...I didn't get anything out of church. Oh well.

I'm bored....Suzi's in town and we're going out tomorrow I guess. I finally saw " Brokeback Mountain" with Mayumi, and it was so good! Besides the man candy, it was just a really good story. Part of it takes place in Childress, TX, where my dad's family lived for awhile. The movie spans about 17 years, so it's a trip to see Jake Gylenhaal all old and fat wearing bollo ties and cowboy hats.

Well Ian is smothering me with sticky kisses and his new gameboy is really loud. Gotta go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home