Crystal -- RSS feed enabled! I guess that's like on xanga where you get e-mails of when other people update?
Well, my prayer was answered. God is gracious and good and I praise Him with all my being! 2 inch sheets of shiny slippery ice lined the streets and school was called off. I slept from 9:30 pm til 11 this morning, only waking up to check the news for cancelations. Sure enough....anywhere else in the US this would be nothing. But let's face it; Texans think it's ok to drive 70 mph when I-35 is a skating rink.
I had a dream about being at the bar. Gwyneth Paltrow was my bartender and she made me a layered shot with tabasco sauce. I took that as a sign and Matt and I went to sweetwater for lunch and I had a celebratory "snow day" margarita. Or two. We played pool, or at least I tried to.
Two nights ago we watched "crash" together. He had never seen it, and I didn't tell him what it was about. He was mad because he wanted to watch "Nightmare on Elm Street". 5 minutes into the movie, he was hooked. He's been talking about it ever since, telling me all these stories about the racism and prejudice he's been victim to...but also his own prejudice. I had never seen him be that honest and eloquent.
It is so cool to learn something new about someone you love, every day. This is all so new. We're so mushy you wouldn't want to be around us. Other friends: the newness will probably wear off and I'll hang out with you again soon, I promise!

1 Comments:
:)
Yeah, except it doesn't email you.. It's just that you get to check one website instead of gajillions. Except lately it's been a little weird and not telling me about updated sites.
I liked Crash too. Sounds like you're happy.
Btw, I also liked the comment about the kid saying he's learned alot since you went all hood on them :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home