Sunday, December 04, 2005

Sorry I haven't written in awhile. My end of last week was very fight-or-flight. The vice principal saw me crying in the hall at the end of 6th period again, and I swore to him that this would be the last time. When the kids were gone, I wrote new rules and scrapped anything that would be remotely fun. No Christmas carols, no bûche de noel, no magasin to spend their euros in. I stocked up on referral forms and detentions and vowed to myself that I wouldn't falter. They've wasted my time toooo many times. Now until Christmas would be "Operation Hold-Down-the-Fort". The actual content will just have to take a backseat, which you don't know how that depresses me.

So Friday was better. I scared them shitless it would seem, I gave 5 zeros on quizzes for talking, sent a girl to the office for refusing to sign a detention, and had the vice principal come in and threaten death pretty much. It was very quiet. Prison-like, but quiet, and I actually got more than usual amt of teaching in. I see and hear about other new teachers just LOVING EVERY MOMENT of their jobs. I think they're lying. If not, I want to punch them in the face.

Friday night since Matt has been holed up studying for finals so he can be a better counselor, I went to Sachse to hang out with Jessie. I had to be in Richardson at 8 am the next day for some more teacher-related crap training. Jessie ended up having some sort of virus so since her husband was occupied with video games and what not ( a real winner there), I took care of Aidan. Trying to get a precocious 10 month old baby to sleep is a difficult task. First off, he's HUGE. A 38-pounder, and wants to be carried everywhere. I showed him the Christmas tree and stockings and sang some Christmas songs, hopefully lulling him to sleep. I kept forgetting the words to "silver bells" and didn't want to sing anything like "rudolph" because it's just too abnoxious. I gave up and put him in front of the tv. I failed the mommy test. But then I didn't feel so bad because Josh came out and said " Hey guy! You want to watch Predator, don't you? Yes you do!"

What happens when 22 yr olds have babies.

I went to training on saturday much to my dismay, and that awful IB French know-it-all teacher was there. It was just me and her, and this woman with her PhD in French to help us study French grammar. You know somehow in college, I successfully avoided all upper-level French grammar courses by taken stuff like cinema & literature instead. This now puts me at a horrible disadvantage while I prepare to take my content area test. Relative pronouns...the subjunctive...si clauses...every knit picky exception, we had to know. Some things I remembered. I channeled it from French V in highschool. I saw " the flag" for placement of demonstrative pronouns waving in my head. So Rev. Lebak, formerly Ms. Faust, I thank you for somehow ingraining these ridiculous things in my brain. If I ever had to teach it, I'd be screwed. I don't know why someone would dedicate their life to this crap and get a PhD in this. Anyway, the yappy know-it-all was silenced once and for all after the Dr. said " Excuse me, if you indeed knew more about this than I did, you wouldn't be taking this test right now." It took all I had not to laugh out loud. Life is beautiful.

Well, I'm baking a sourcream apple pie right now. It's about 40 degrees outside and it looks like it might rain for the first time in 5 weeks. Matt and I are having an ongoing debate on why I would eat his corpse if our plane crashed and I had no other sustinance. This bothers him. I told him I would whole-heartedly offer my corpse to him so that he may live in the case of a fiery plane crash in the Andes or something. He said " Stop trying to sound like Jesus, that's awful. I would never eat you." " Even if there were some spices in the back of the plane? And some wood to make a fire?" " I would eat snow with pee on it before I would eat your dead body."

Goofball. :) So pie, popcorn, boggle, " crash" and *sigh* " freddy kruger" ( his pick ) tonight at casa de matheo y mike s. You know you want to, boggle guys!

Gettin' old. :)

3 Comments:

At 1:42 PM , Blogger crystal said...

Did you somehow remove the RSS feed to your site? I can't subscribe via bloglines.com

 
At 3:42 PM , Blogger Twentysomething said...

RSS feed? Huh?

 
At 5:35 PM , Blogger crystal said...

on your site setting's, under site feed, does publish site feed say no or yes?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home