Wednesday, November 30, 2005

It is so incredibly hard to go back to work once you've had the best, most relaxing week you've had since the summer. I have to chant in the mornings, " I am a responsible adult. I am smart, efficient, and deserving of respect. " Back into teacher mode.

So, blah, things aren't really all that better at work...I'm just rested enough to look at it all with a sense of humor and endearment. Nothing really to report.

I spend a total of probably 2.5 hours in the car every day, schlepping myself up and down I-35. I KNOW that stretch of road has got to be on the top 10 list of dangerous highways in America.

Things I see on my drive, just a few little gems:
1. A tractor taking up a lane and a half in downtown Dallas. Not like a road-building tractor, but a farm tractor.
2. An escalade with 22" rims advertising " Nubian Fantasiez": The men of Seduction ( Available for bachelorette parties, birthdays, and other special ocasions: Women only please!) This was in DeSoto.
3. A shell tanker, exploded, causing a 3 hour back-up in Corinth.
4. On 3 different occasions, onions. Tons of onions, spilled off a truck, stinking up the air for miles.
5. Billboards: One for a homicide clean-up company, one for a sex shop near the school I teach called " Sarah's Secrets" ( great ) and one for the new Hooters-rip-off restaurant in Lewisville called "Twin Peaks" featuring two busty girls in plaid flannel crop-tops holding up plates of steak and onion rings.

Things I think about on my drive, usually:
1. Why does working full time have to suck so much?
2. What do I want to do this weekend when I'm not at work?
3. What am I going to write about in my blog? ( I know, lame )
4. What do I want to eat today?

Things I do in the car:
1. put on makeup
2. drink coffee
3. Sing loud
4. try to find a good radio station, realizing I must be getting old if I listen to KLUV oldies, Mix, and Jack.fm more than I listen to the rock station I've listened to since I was 13.
5. text message Matt or Mayumi

Speaking of which, Mayumi talked me into going to the new Fondue restaurant where her friend works. Oh. My. God. If you love food and all that is food-y, you must have fondue. I'd had just the cheese and the chocolate...but yesterday we got the works. It was a sheer food event. Appetizer, a Swiss Chalet fondue made of white wine and gruyere cheese and garlic. Next was a spinach salad with apple, strawberry, and walnut in this yummy vinagrette. The main course: a plate of peppered beef, swiss chicken, coconut shrimp, lobster ravioli, roasted garlic chicken, teriyaki tenderloin, and salmon pieces. You batter these pieces, cook them in the oil, and dip them in an assortment of delectable sauces. We got complementary wine, so mid-meal, Mayumi and I were doing goofy things like trying to batter and cook sugar packets. For dessert: a white chocolate amaretto fondue with cherries, pound cake, banana, strawberrys, rice crispie pieces, cream cheese pieces, and snickers. I was so full at the end, it hurt to move. Don't let the little bite-sizes fool you; you will get stuffed. Anyway, I had to blog about that. That was the most amazing meal I have had all year...even though I'm paying for it today by eating crackers for lunch and actually going to the gym again later tonight. Yay!

So good night all, 2 days til the weekend :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home