Friday, November 25, 2005

You know, even though we are not all that close, I am lucky to have a sister. I am glad to get to know her as a person and a friend. I'm quite impressed...we're alike in a lot of ways, but different in so many others.

For example; last night I wanted to see "Rent" and she wanted to see 'Pride and Prejudice". Rent= racy musical with a bunch of singing transvestites with AIDS, Pride and Prejudice= " Oh Mr. Darcy, do you fancy me??"

We saw P&P and it was "meh" at best. Kiera Knightly is cute but....the story was too cliche for my tastes. Then I remember, this story was probably the one that inspired every subsequent Romance.

The love story in Bridget Jones' Diary, for example.

The sis is getting really serious with current beau, and based on her penchant for fairy tale romances, she will probably get married before I ever do. If she marries this dude, she will be Emily Cox-Gay.

Now *that's* love.

PS - I adore Austin. I took a walk down San Gabriel searching in vain for the Jimmy John's. The air was crisp and the trees were beautiful. I felt so safe...people were walking around happily minding their own business. I finally found JJ's and rewarded myself with a tom turkey sandwich. Was a little disappointed; I think Denton's Jimmy John's is better. Still, I could see myself in this town. Definitely want to live somewhere where you can walk places without getting run over or stared at.

El Reunion con Matheo! Salsa dancing! Ay ay!

1 Comments:

At 10:43 PM , Blogger crystal said...

Oh dear. If your sister does marry him, she should never become a teacher.... or she should go by a secret code name.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home