Thursday, November 24, 2005

Ahoy! In Austin towne I be. I spent Thanksgiving lunch at my grandparent's in Prairie Hill, TX. Matt was curious when I told him that we ate our holiday meals in a barn ( more like a big metal workshop), so I took pictures of " Barn Thanksgiving 05". It was good eatin'. My pants actually...aren't fitting so well. This is perplexing.

The spread: smokehouse turkey and ham, yams w/ marshmallows, greenbean casserole, maccaroni, corn, yeast rolls, pumpkin pie, and peach cobbler.

My dad also took me to the liquor store last night to help pick out libations for Tday. We left with 9 bottles of wine, tres generaciones sauza tequila, and 2 cases of shiner bock. We love to shake it up for his Southern Baptist family :)

One thing that in recent years has made my Thanksgiving so wonderful is reconnecting with friends. Everyone is everywhere...didn't think I'd end up in Austin tonight with my sister, but this might be great since Mikey & Laura Mo's called me from Boerne ( 40 miles away ) to wish me a happy Thanksgiving. Do I see a 6th street party tonight? Last year David and I spent Thanksgiving night at Pat O' Brien's in San Antonio. I hope he too is having a better thanksgiving than he thought he would.

My mom and step dad are housing a family at their house for the holidays, which is kind of strange since they don't have a lot of excess to give. ( read: they are both teachers!) It's touching though; an ex-battered wife and her 3 kids. I got so mad at my mom last year around this time, I kind of feel like walking on eggshells this year....for no reason at all. She can definitely be a better woman than I though....I got inundated by bums on Guadaupe St. trying to get to the CVS. I picked up my step and said " I don't have any cash on me!!"

I'm aparently allergic to everywhere in Texas except home. I feel like crap. I miss Matt already.

But I'm thankful though that I've made it here, here in Life, where it's not so bad :)

Oh....oh....do I hear some "Rent" soundtrack playing? CHEESE!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home