Ok, sorry, it's about time for some Sarah-whine again for your dinner.
I just don't know about this job. Today while trying to tell kids what was on their quiz and 75% just talked away, not giving a shit...I visualized cracking one of their skulls open and marvelling at the smooth, unwrinkled surface of their rubbery brain.
Ok I know I know I know, that was so negative.
My class smells like sewage everyday around 1 pm. I told admin and they said it's because of construction. I don't see any construction...anywhere...and the smell is coming from the vents. 14 & 15 year olds love to tell you EXACTLY what it smells like instead of doing their work. In protest today of the powers that be not doing anything about it, I moved my class downstairs to an empty room. The kids saw the move as party time, and I probably got in 5 uninterrupted minutes of content in. ( And that was only after I removed 4 girls to the office )
It's been about a month, and I still don't feel back to normal. I feel perfectly purposeful one day, and in utter dispair, angry at the world the next. I'm worried that I'll never level off....that I'm letting my inner barometer cause me to just awfulize everything.
So I've decided I probably shouldn't be around most people for the next day...tomorrow I'm taking a sanity friday.
Suzicardo is coming to town tomorrow and I'm pretty excited. We're going out to dinner and the art museum. Matt sent me a text message along the lines of:
" You've been pretty moody lately, please get some rest, sweet dreams beautiful, I'll talk to you tomorrow." He won't answer his phone. I would like to think he didn't mean any harm but I of course was livid. " You are moody". Fuck yeah I am, but don't you ever call it out.
If he only knew that maybe even 5 minutes of couch snuggling would do me a world of good :( ( once I got calmed down enough not to yell at him. )
Anyway. I guess I'll go build my pillow fortress and hope that things are better tomorrow.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home