For some reason, audio blogger isn't working, so I'll just write it out, my crazy hydrocodone-reaction-induced dream.
The dream starts out on a school bus. I know I'm with my middle school orchestra, because we all have our instruments and we're wearing our old uniforms, white shirts, green tafeta cumberbundts, and long black skirts or pants. The thing is though, we're all grown up. We're hungry and wondering where we're going to stop to eat, and to our disappointment, we roll up to Pancho's Mexican Buffet...the one on Buckingham for all you Garland-ites. We walk in and all they're serving is rice, beans, and tostadas. Anna Tinker, Suzi, and I sit down in a turquoise velvet-apolstered booth and pick at our food. I notice all these old, olllld people filling up the rest of the seats. They're all wearing head-to-toe black ( see, I don't dream in black and white :) ) My maternal grandparents show up. They sit down at my table and my grandpa grins a huge toothless grin. I'm startled and look away. I get up to wander around and see if there are any sopapillas, the only good thing at Panchos. A stage appears out of nowhere and a band starts to play. At first I'm excited because the music sounded a lot like Dave Matthews, but, they start playing Christian praise & worship songs. The old people start to rock out. I start singing along when they sing the " and we cry holy holy holy is the lord" song, but then become really angry for some reason. I think I was looking forward to the Dave songs...and pissed the P&W music was so catchy. Well, the sopapillas are there, but drenched in chocolate syrup. I think " who the fuck puts chocolate syrup on sopapillas?" I wander some more and end up in the bathroom at panchos, which is surprisingly swank. Like, granite stalls and boutique soaps. In there, I see my friend Amy F from college, probably there to see the Christian band :) We start to talk and then she invites me to her house. This is where it gets blurry. My two orchestra friends, Amy, and I end up at a huge Victorian house in storm-deivstated New Orleans. This is confusing because, I know Amy lives in Houston. The house is 3-stories, has verrandas...spanish moss, the works. Her brother has left matchbox cars a la Home Alone all over the stair cases as we try to step around them to tour the house. Amy leads us to the basement which she calls " the Theatre Room" and says it's haunted. Then she slams the door, locking me and my 2 orch friends in there. The room literally was an old timey theatre, with box seats and balconies. Since it was in the basement, it was so flooded you couldn't see the first floor seats. I get scared until I spot from across the room, all 4 ladies from Sex & The City. I'm like " Alright, this place can't be too spooky if Carrie, Samantha, Miranda, and Charolotte are hangin out". My friends and the fab 4 start to talk and they say to stay away from the water. That's where the ghosts are, they'll pull you down. Sure enough, I see grey arms reaching out from the water. I'm so spooked, I find a back way out of the theatre, and start to try to find a way out of the house. I ask Amy how to get out and she says " I don't want you to leave, the city is too damaged. " I run past room upon room with flood damaged curtains and broken windows; one room even had an open casket with shriveled funeral wreaths...which makes me run faster. I climb out a window onto the verranda, and see across the street a flood of black people dressed in 30's attire coming out of a building with their arms full of belongings. The sign on the building clearly reads " Hand of God Ministries Shelter". I climb up some railing in sheer panic, not knowing what's going to happen...but I felt something really bad was about to. From this view I see a grave yard, and a bride posing for pictures in a gazebo in the middle of an awful wind storm. As I climb higher the wrought iron railing I'm clinging to is crumbling. I finally make it to the roof where I cling to the weather vane, looking down, waiting for something catastrophic to happen....
The moral of the story is, don't take prescription ibuprophen before bed. Don't drink, eat chinese food, nor try staying awake for 48 hours either before trying to go to sleep.
And for the record, Amy F is a really nice person and would not hold anyone against their will :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home