Monday, October 24, 2005

There used to be a song on the radio like 10-12 yrs ago - the chorus went something like " IIIIIII DON'T WANNA WORK, I JUST WANNA BANG ON THE DRUM ALL DAAAAAAAAY..." . My mom would turn it up and we'd jam, because my sister and I knew that mommy didn't really like her teaching job.

And here I am. October's finally here and it's about 40 degrees outside. I'm under a luxurious Ralph Lauren duvet and the alarm blares " shake that laffy taffy". It's staff development day, and those are the lamest of the lame. I have to dig out my " ONE TEAM ONE GOAL!" shit ( oops, I mean shirt....) and drive through traffic to listen to Supernintendo Chalmers talk about how we're slacking. Siiiiiggggh

And the weekend was so great. All I did was eat and sleep and stay warm. I guess I should mention the State of the Matt Address.

So here we were, figuring after everything, we were making a solid decision to go our separate ways. A strange thing happened though. I guess crises bring people together. In the past 2 weeks, ( the past month really ), Matt and I have gotten to know each other more than we had in the 2-3 months we dated over the summer. We both fought it but, well, yeah. I know it doesn't make sense...but after talking to many many people, caring deeply about someone in spite of...whatever; overcoming the odds...that's the best. That's real. ( And regardless of the audiopost shenanigans :) ) Matt treats me with such care and respect.

And I love his family. His mom made Peruvian duck and green rice with homemade hot chocolate and this fruit bread called...pan...something. We bust out the pisco and it was a party :)

So I guess I've stalled enough. To work I go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home