Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Even though ye olde blog is pretty stark, I've probably written more than I ever have in my life. I just fished about 8 coffee-stained post it notes and a few sheets of notebook paper out of my purse. I will put them in an envelope marked "10/05" and stuff that in a drawer somewhere -- then I will be done with *that* whole thing.

My hatred for microsoft outlook e-mail at work has disipated now that a great old friend is back in my life because of it. Suzanne is sitting at her desk at Plains Capital all official-like, probably wearing heels and a "power jacket". Yet, her e-mails are still entitled " yo yo yo" and " sup biatch?", and we can still quip back and forth like the 13 year olds we once were. The Suzicardo is going legit next fall, aparently, and I get first say on the birdesmaids' dresses.

I'm happy for my friend, but it seems that when you start to plan a wedding, things go awry (sp?). I thinkshe should just elope in Mexico.

Austin. I'm glad I went even though I was so drugged out of my mind I don't think I passed the TOPT. I was so sick the little cue beeps started to run together, and when I was prompted to speak about my stance on negotiating with terrorists I said, " Les terroristes, euh...oui. Ils ont les hôtages. ( They have hostages.) Il y a de temps en temps les fonctionnaires. ( There are sometimes government officials.) Je m'excuse, mais je suis malade. C'est tout, merci. ( Sorry but I'm sick, that's all, thanks. )"

If you've seen The Royal Tennenbaums when Eli Cash is talking about his failed book, " Wildcat. Wiiiildcaaaat....pfff...I'm gonna go." Yeah, my taped test went something like that towards the end.

I thought about singing La Marseilleise to see if that'd get me some more points, but the tape recorder guy was already looking at me funny.

The rest of my time out of town, I saw my sister in her natural habitat...it made me wish we were closer. Casey picked me up and we sat out in the sun and I ate one of the best sandwiches I've ever had at Whole Foods.

It had brie and adriatic fig spread on it. Heaven.

We drank mexican martinis at Trudy's and pyramid apricot ale on the roof of the physics building. I got some great pictures. I'm so lucky to have his friendship; after all, we really have nothing in common except our pasts and the fact that we're both pretty easy going people. He's a good guy, even if he pees off the side of buildings and is even more clueless than I am about love. :)

I feel like this month has had its share of "movie moments". In one of Suzi's afore mentioned e-mails she said " do you ever think that sometimes your life was cinematic? If I were a director/producer/what have you, I think I'd make a movie about you, " the Life and Times of Miss S.E.C. You and Casey sitting on the roof drinking beer and philosophizing? Yeah, that's just so 'movie'".

That made me chuckle.

Everyone should have moments in their life that are so perfect that theres no way you could be making it up.

What are yours?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home