Monday, October 31, 2005

I have major food guilt today. I had: a vanilla nutrigrain bar and a 7 up for breakfast, a white chocolate reeses cup and a laffy taffy, a ham sandwich, iced tea, a little debbies brownie, a slice of orange liquor frosted halloween spice cake, a pack of goldfish, and smoked turkey with bbq sauce, potato salad, and corn on the cob. Seriously, Sarah, what the hell? The funny thing was is I was watching Oprah and of course it was about over-eating, how it's all emotional.

I just think I like to eat tasty food because it beats eating bland food. And I've just been really eeeeeally hungry. All the time. Must be fattening up for winter. Yeah, that's it.

The Fez and Donna costumes didn't work out because hey, vintage clothing is expensive! I was planning to color my hair a little more red and put it in wings à la Farah Fawcett. I had my eyes on these cool platform boots and a polyester shirt from alter ego. But at the costume store, Matt got all excited about this stupid red pimp hat, and it was all over after that. Siiiigh. I bought a tiara, feather boa, and white opera gloves and decided to get one more run out of my bridesmaids' dress from Jessie's wedding. It turned out ok, but I felt so unoriginal. The costume party was alright, I got some great pictures. The pink fairy is this Russian dude, I figured out; I yelled " fairy fairy! I want to take your picture" and he didn't turn around. After I flashed the pic, he turned around and started shouting in Russian with glee and passed me a beer.

My mom was in the dallas morning news for being a big whig down at the Lutheran neighborhood center, teaching white people Spanish and Hispanics English. Sure enough she and Matt got along just fine...I really want to learn more Spanish. I think I would get more money if I could become ESL certified...

This Alito guy has got to go. Not that I'm a fan of politics, but this guy just seems like he has his head stuck up his ass. Machine guns? Not to mention....Jesus H. Christ, I can't even watch the news anymore...sick, sick, sick.

Let's see...how much more random can I be....

New York for Christmas break? Maybe. I saw an overturned 18-wheeler on the highway today for the first time; Dallas-ites don't know how to drive in the rain. Watched this great special about educational programs in low-performing school districts yesterday on PBS. It got me pumped up for today, and I actually enjoyed work for once. "The Weatherman" is a great movie...it reminds me a lot of me and my dad when I was 12. I wore my new brown flowered "gypsy skirt" today. I wore it with suede booties and matching beads. I felt so trendy...until one of the kids said " Miss, you be dressing like a grandma!"

It's cold and wet and I think I need a nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home