I'm feeling pretty political today.
I got an IM from Jessie, my Mary Kay representative, friend since age 2, and fellow redhead. She said " hey are you voting?"
Me: " for what?"
Jess: " for the gay marriage thing"
Me: " oh...well, I'm still registered in Sachse, not here.."
Jess: " C'mon! I don't want to be the only person in Suck-sy to rock the boat..."
Suck-sy. Ahahaha. And then I remembered last November when I skipped class to drive home to vote in the presidential election. At the municipal court lawn, there were about 50 Bush signs , and 5 lonely Kerry signs. We drove past all the Baptist churches blasting 'system of a down'.
So after work, me , my voting buddy, and baby Aidan, stood in line at the court and voted. Boo to proposition 2 :) We again passed by all the signs in front of the churches...and ate down at the Chicken Express. Was a good afternoon.
And then in French class, a kid actually inquired about the French riots, of which I didn't actually know all about. I went home and read cnn.com and then le figaro, and it's really interesting...looks like almost a new Civil Rights Movement. I plan to lecture on it tomorrow and ask the kids to compare to American incidents. I'll put links up when I get my mouse to work again...:(
Time for my Tuesday night Mayumi date,
then long-awaited spoony couch time with mi amor.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home