Monday, December 05, 2005

Today is my dad's 48th birthday. Happy birthday dad. I will go watch "Alien" or something in your honor.

And here's this survey, which I fill out every year. And this year, more than any...I should actually think about the answers.

A look back at 2005... 40 questions about 2005.

1) Was 2005 a good year for you? Since I always end up being a "glass half full" kinda gal, yes it was.

2) What was your favorite moment of the year? There were a few. A vignette if you will:
~ sitting outside on the porch at Lou's with Fred, Mayumi, Jon, Kerr, and Quang drunk off our asses singing to "say it ain't so" at the top of our lungs in 20 degree weather in February
~ Being in that freakin' huge house in Galveston with David waking up to crashing waves
~ taking pictures outside after graduation...seeing so many of the great friends I had spent the past 4 years with
~ Meeting Matt. From our first big date when he took me to the Improv to San Antonio floating down the river, to the night he told me loved me with tears streaming down his face. Everytime we've danced, everytime we've fallen asleep on the couch watching HBO, everytime I've sabotaged guys' night :)
~ my 23rd birthday...sitting on the steps outside the Marriott talking with Mayumi and Nicole til 2 in the morning
~ anytime Mike and I have gone cruising listening to music
~ the day I got the keys to my new, empty classroom...sitting on the floor envisioning like, the rest of my life

3) What was your least favorite moment of the year?Well, I had a few, but as for a blog-worthy one, I would say the time my dog got a urinary tract infection. Yeah. Well, thats not really blog-worthy, but well, you know if you know.

4)Where were you when 2005 began? Denton, TX

5) Who were you with? David, at a party at Quang's drinking champagne through a straw

6) Where will you be when 2005 ends? downtown Dallas with Matt and probably his brother and his gf.

7) What will you do? Uhh, wear silly hats?

8) Did you keep your new years resolution of 2005? I guess maybe....I graduated and got a job

9) Do you have a new years resolution for 2006? To apply to gradschool before the spring.

10) Did you fall in love in 2005? I think so!

11) If yes, do they know? I hope so!

12) Are you still in love with them?:Yes?

13) You regret it? Never do.

14) Did you break up with anyone in 2005? Yes but by the grace of God, we are still friends

15) Did you make any new friends in 2005?Oh yeah! I love making new friends.

16) Who are your favorite new friends? Mayumi, Matt of course, all the people I've met through Matt

17) What was your favorite month of 2005? This one is rockin' so far

18) Did you travel outside of the US in 2005? No :( my wanderlust still nags

19) How many different states did you travel to in 2005? besides texas, one...and it's oklahoma. doesn't count. was really busy and poor this year.

20) Did you lose anybody close to you in 2005? Not really. My great grandma and great aunt died this year.

21) Did you miss anybody in the past year?I did.

22) What was your favorite movie that you saw in 2005?Ooo....Crash was one, but then I *did* see "the Forty Year Old Virgin" 3 times...

23) What was your favorite song from 2005? You know I can't name just one!
* " You to Thank" Ben Folds
*"Better Together" Jack Johnson

24) How many concerts did you see in 2005? Counting the jazz concerts I went to on campus...3.

25) Did you have a favorite concert in 2005? Ben Folds

26) did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2005? Hmm.

27) did you do a lot of drugs in 2005?*stops to think* define "lots"...jk

28) How many people did you sleep with in 2005? fnsd;gkjns(

29) Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?Of course.

30) What was the worst lie someone told you in 2005? " You're going to be a great teacher!"

31) Did you treat somebody badly in 2005?Yes. I still feel crappy about it.

32) Did somebody treat you badly in 2005? Sure. But it's like water off a duck's back

33) How much money did you spend in 2005?Oh god. Between school and fixing my car over and over, buying way too many new clothes and too many thursday nights at Lou's...maybe the equivalent of the gross domestic product of Laos.

34) What was your proudest moment of 2005? When everybody looks at me like " you teach HIGH SCHOOL? Whoa!"

35) What was your most embarrassing moment of 2005? Heh. When Matt and I had gone swimming in our underwear at his parent's house ( he threw me in)...I walked through the kitchen to get stuff out of his dryer and his dad came home from his trip to Peru. I had never met him before.

36) If you could go back in time to any moment of 2005 and change something, what would it be? Made slightly better grades so I'd be a shoe-in for grad school instead of having to rely so much on the damn gre's....

37) What are your plans for 2006? Start grad school. Move the hell out of Denton FINALLY. Buy a new car. Go to some weddings. Get my classes to behave & to be a better teacher

<3

1 Comments:

At 11:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) good times.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home