Monday, December 19, 2005

2006_01170008


2006_01170008
Originally uploaded by sarahsblogpix.
Cellllebrate good times, c'mon!

My hard labor has paid off, and here I am being absolutely lazy for 2 weeks guilt-free. For I am a teacher. Hear me roar.

This saturday I went to Nicole's graduation. Nicole is the first person I met at UNT...neither of us really knew anyone...neither of us had any idea what to expect. So, seeing her graduate was almost more sentimental to me than when I myself graduated. ( You know, you're just kind of out of it when it's your day...I was too concerned about my mortar board staying on than thinking about momentous occasions.) Nicole, congrats! You looked fabulous and I'm sure in no time at all I'll be sitting at the Angelika watching a Nicole Christo-directed film. ;)

It's funny, because when you're little ( at least as a little girl ), you don't have fantasies about graduating college. It's always about your wedding day, having babies, driving a car, or playing "office" or "school." I always assumed I'd graduate, but I never envisioned the work that would go into it. I admit I take that little piece of parchment with my name on it for granted. I realize that so few people overall actually get one of those suckers. And, unlike what a spouse or a job will sometimes do, a college education will never leave you. Your university will never say "we're sorry, we've decided you're not capable enough of having your degree anymore." So everyone who has done your time in higher education ( even if years ago ), you rock. Your brain is your biggest asset. Unless you fall out of a plane and your parachute doesn't open or, you know, you smoke crack or something. Those of you who are well on your way to a degree...DON'T GIVE UP. Having a December go by without having to cram for finals, knowing you're done for good if you wanted...it's the greatest feeling in the world. :)

And yet, I am so ready to apply to grad school :-D

Until then, have a great holiday. I have been living it up with my Matt of course, and look forward to seeing everybody before the nose goes back to the grind stone. Joyeux Noel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home