Tuesday, December 20, 2005

I just finished Christmas shopping...the first year that I actually had a salary to afford real gifts. I think I went overboard, but I can't wait to see everyone open their gift.

I shop like a man, especially when it's crowded. I have a mental list, never write anything down, and just scoop stuff up and head towards the register. I zigzag across the mall, and usually make it out within an hour.

I did however, have to brave walmart. If it's at Target I'll always go there first. Walmart is the epitome of excess...and no parking. I of course picked the coldest and wettest day of the month to get my shopping done, and there wasn't a dry shopping cart anywhere. The place was a mess, and I was about to throw a fit because I couldn't find the stupid gift tags. I kept chanting the f-word in my head over and over. I was tired and hungry. Then somewhere between the turkey deep fryers and big wheelers, I got the weirdest feeling. My skin got all icy-hot and there was a weird metallic taste in my mouth. I felt like I had to throw up, but nothing happened. The only other time I've ever felt like this in my life was when our physiology and anatomy class took a field trip to the hospital and we were in the radiology room looking at CAT scans. Was I having a panic attack? A seizure? I sat down on that bench next to McDonald's with the fake Ronald to sit next to you, and felt better in a few minutes. Still, weird and scary. Am I letting Christmas shopping stress me out that much? Or am I allergic to Walmart....hmm...

I have 20 gifts to wrap and about 5 heart-warming cards to write.

On another note, today would have been my parents' 25th wedding anniversary. They probably don't think I would remember such a thing, but I do. Don't really know what else to say about that.

It's really cold outside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home