I'm sick. Leave it to me to fall ill on my vacation that was supposed to be glorious. On Sunday, I played " King's Cup" with a bunch of Matt's friends. For those of you who aren't familiar, King's Cup is a kind of card game ( for which you have to have no intelligence or strategy whatsoever )...if you draw a king, you pour a little bit of whatever you're drinking in the cup in the center of the table. From time to time, people have to drink from this cup. See, when you're drinking...you don't really think about things like germs. Anyway, I have some lovely upper respiratory thing with the aches. When I was little my mom called this " the Croup" ( French for cough). I would confuse 'croup' with 'crap' and until I was about 10 I would still tell the doctor I had a bunch of croup in my lungs.
So between sitting around and sleeping in the past 2 days, I've been staring at the facebook . They have some new feature where you can display how you know all your facebook friends. It's pretty interesting. Some of mine say " ...went to preschool with", or " took comm 1010 in fall 2002" and I'm like " so THAT'S how I know you!" One day I searched my full name, and there were 5 others registered. Just me and another girl in South Carolina had the exact same spelling. I know that shouldn't be too unusual since none of my names are that common, but still...I added her as a friend and for about 6 months we've been kind of chatting back and forth. She's cute and is a Sharkette cheerleader, and is a MATH major. However, we like the same bands. Even Ben Folds.
So I have a theory, that this girl in South Carolina with my name is my polar opposite -- my foil, except in a few, key, Sarah traits. :)
Tonight Mayumi gets home from snowboarding. We're going to finally see "brokeback mountain", or what everyone around here calls " the gay cowboy movie". I can't wait, Heath Ledger =hott Jake Gylenhaal = hotttt. Matt refuses to see it, even though he met Larry McMurty ( UNT grad, writer of 'brokeback', 'lonesome dove', 'terms of endearment' ) at a book signing one time. Don't worry, I kicked his ass already. He acts all macho, but 2 nights ago he gave me the best hilights in my hair that I've ever gotten outside of a salon. He's so great :):)
I get my Christmas present from him tomorrow...wonder what it is....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home