Sunday, January 08, 2006

I spent the weekend with Matt's family again. I'll say it again...I love these people! They are all so welcoming and sweet. I know where Matt gets his "hospitality" from. Matt and I got a recipe for ceviche and made it for his parents and abuelita. ( Ok, he made most of it, I was the lemon squeezer and onion chopper. ) I didn't think I would like it because it's basically raw fish "cooked" by the acidity of the lemon juice. It was DELICIOUS. I got the recipe and will share it with the internet world:

Peruvian-style Ceviche
2 lbs Tillapia fillets, cubed ( you can use catfish fillet or shrimp too )
the juice from 6-8 lemons
a bushel of washed cilantro, coarsely chopped
1 half white onion chopped into slivers
a few chopped celery stalks
1 clove garlic
1 little hunk of ginger, peeled and minced
3 T ahi ( this is like peruvian salsa verde...basically pureed jalepenos and onions I think? you can use whatever spice you think would be good to help flavor )
a few pinches of salt

wash the fish, cube, and spread in a casserole dish
with a hand-held juicer, squeeze the lemons and pour the juice over the fish until the fish is submerge
add the chopped cilantro and celery into the mixture
in a blender, add the ginger, garlic, ahi ( or whatever spice you have selected), along with a little water. Liquify and pour into the mixture
Add salt
refrigerate for an hour until the fish turns white, and voilĂ ! You have ceviche.

I'm starting my France count-down ( and spring break ) : 62 days

:-D

1 Comments:

At 9:56 PM , Blogger lindsey. said...

Fallingwater is in southwestern PA.. near their Ohiopyle State Park.. it's an amaaaazing building and pa is gorgeous, of course.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home