*triumphant fanfare* I did it! I didn't waste my 3-day weekend like I always end up doing.
My biggest success is my desk. I ended up going with the "jonas" desk from Ikea. With help from handy Matt, the whole thing was built in 4 hours. Here are some pictures:

before

after :)
I graded, I cleaned, I spent quality time with my wonderful man; I even freakin' worked out. And oh, was it hard.
Saturday I was trying on brasieres contemplating why less than a yard of material plus an underwire can cost more than 40 dollars. I've come to that grade divide, where a size up puts you into a new realm. Where maybe 2 inches more of fabric and wire cost 5 dollars more than the I guess, "normal" sizes. I wasn't proud, I was outraged. What in the hell. I won't stand for it! I'm hoping that losing a few pounds will remedy this problem...I tried to tell Matt about it and he begged me not to change. I bought healthy food and had my last cheat meal...chicken express. Chicken Express is just about as hick as you can get....fried chicken, okra, gravy, fries, biscuit, and sweet tea...mmm.
I then felt very chunktastic, so I went to ye olde UNT gym. During the summer I was poor and had no life, and the gym was free with last year's tuition. It was air conditioned and had cable tv. Today, I couldn't even run half a mile. I strained and panted and sweatted, but I wonder if it's to any avail. It's so depressing to see these lanky fit girls in tiny shorts. I will never look that. The women in my family are curvy; they were bred to breed... as horrible as that sounds. I don't mind so much about not being a size 2, I just would like to stop feeling like a lumpy pillow. Ok I know, this is terribly boring. But all my sistas out there who are battling the bulge, holla!
I don't want to go back to work tomorrow :(

1 Comments:
Good job on the successful weekend. I just wallowed and didn't really get much done. Wait-no, I did attend my once-a-saturday college classes all Saturday, hang out with some friends saturday, and catch a game of poker with friends sunday night... but mostly i was in a sad mood, so it feels like i didn't have a good time.
And I didn't grade or go to the gym; and I had vowed to do both.
I'm dissapointed in myself.
But I'm proud of you.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home