Friday, January 20, 2006

You know it's been a long week for EVERYONE when I run into one roommate at kroger, and he has one of those Carlo Rossi jug-o-wines in his cart and I'm dragging a case of miller to the cash register at the same time. We come home and the other roommate has an empty carton of blue bell on the counter right next to a handle of wild turkey.

This is a very destructive age. I'm reading A MILLION LITTLE PIECES and it's messing with my head. At first it read like a cliché "how-i-hit-bottom" tale written by a guy whose brain had been destroyed by coke. I'm 300 pages in now and I've cried at points. He was 23 when everything in the book was going on.

One of the most funny things sitting in friday rush hour traffic ( and very few things are funny about traffic ), is when I see someone singing or steeringwheel drumming to the same song I'm listening to. Like, " Hey old guy in the beamer, you listening to Earth Wind and Fire? Yeah, me too! Let's groove!" I think to make it better, Texas Dept of Transportation should have people along side of the highway blasting music and handing out margaritas. You go so slow there's no way you'd do any drunk driving damage. Just something to pass the time and make you not hate your life so much.

Velveeta is nearly impossible to find in a grocery store. It is a cheese PRODUCT< thus does not need to be refrigerated. Therefore, grocers can stick it anywhere they damn well please. Sometimes it's with Mexican food, sometimes it's with condiments. I've even seen it in the feminine hygeine product aisle before.

Just kidding. But wouldn't that be funny?

Random thoughts on friday for ya. I'm going to Houston tomorrow for my grandma's birthday party. At first I thought it was silly but then I remembered how sick my grandmas is, how worried she is that it may be her last. I'll dance the chicken dance and hokey pokey just for her.

2 Comments:

At 1:08 PM , Blogger lindsey. said...

I bet Rob had the jug-o-wine and Rew had the blue bell/turkey!? You guys are so funny. I always have problems finding the tortillas; The last store had them refrigerated by the yogurt.

..and I'll take a picture of the Anchor Bar, for I have a camera now!

 
At 6:47 PM , Blogger Twentysomething said...

correctamundo. we miss you, lindsey. beam yourself over here and we'll make homemade tortillas :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home