Wednesday, January 18, 2006

There is a song out right now called "the whistle song". It is quite possibly the shittiest song out right now, aside from maybe " photograph" by Nickelback. ( Everytime I hear it on the radio I get this incredible urge to hit someone). The kids at work walk around whistling all day...the whistle part that goes " woo woooo woo wooo woo woooo" . Yeah, I know...real descriptive. I finally looked up who sings this and his name is DJ Aligator something. So,

Dear Mr. Aligator:

I'm not saying you're lacking in creativity or anything, but if you could come up with a song that does not involve whistling, clicking, making sex noises, or stupid stupid hooklines like " let me see ur grill i wanna see ur grill "...I would really appreciate it. Your whistle song is inhibiting learning in my classroom. All I hear during what are supposed to be quiet times are "woo wooo". When I'm monitoring the cafeteria, I hear about 50 ear-drum piercing "woo wooo woo woooo's" like it is the most innovative thing that has ever come out of their mouths. This is an epidemic, almost worse than when "golddigg(a)(er)" came out. ( read: 14-year-olds walking around trying to sing like Ray Charles, ' she give me monnneyyy!' ) If you refuse to comply, I will simply murder the next child that woo-woo's, chop their body into a million pieces, and mail them to you. Just kidding. Maybe. Thank you for your time.

As for other work-related things going on, I'm seriously contemplating talking to the counselor up there. Everything's just...yeah. Que sera, sera. Whatever will be, will be.

I feel a little better though after talking someone I don't even know. I came home and one of Andrew's friends is in the living room, on our couch, doing what Andrews friends-on-the-couch do best. He is due to start student teaching soon, so he asked how I was. I vented. He listened. He's already had experience in teaching, so he had some good insight. I just...wonder sometimes if it's more Me in this Job that is wrong, or simply my circumstances.

I'm going out with Mayumi to celebrate her new internship at a swank ad agency, then I'm going to bed. Send me prayers and happy thoughts. Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home