Friday, June 02, 2006

I just realized, I only have 2 more weekends as a Dentonian. I'm moving on to bigger and better things, and yes, I will visit often as my Matt is here until December.

But gosh, this stupid town has been my permanent home for 4 years, semi-perm. for 5. This is where I spent my college years...the most tumultuous yet rich time of my life thus far. Anyone passing through on the way to Oklahoma or going south to Dallas or Fort Worth would see oh, maybe the colleges ( UNT and TWU ), the motel 6's and the IHOP. Nothing special.

This is the Denton that I love:

Hailey's: 80's night and Funk y salsa night. This bar/club is hidden off the square. This is where all the artsy folk hang out. 30 beers at least on tap. Great place to people-watch when you're not dancing or drinking.

The courthouse: The anchor of old Denton. There's even a monument to "Our Confederate Soldiers". It's lit up at night all year long.

Fry Street: Our precious bars: Lou's, Texas Jive, Cool Bean's, Riprock's....save Fry!

The food: Mr. Chopstick's, Thai Ocha, Bari's, Giuseppe's, Central Grill, Beth Marie's, Mazatlan, Taco Cabana....mmmm.....

The gingerbread Victorian houses on Oak Street

Art 6, Uncommon Ground, Jupiter House, freakin' anywhere that supplies coffee lifeblood to weary students

The hundreds of houses open to keggers and garage bands and all the glory of youth.

Jazz. Everywhere. All the time. As well as any other live music you'd want to hear.

It's suburban, it's rural; and in some places has urban ambiance.

I'll miss it!

2 Comments:

At 3:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, it is def. sad leaving denton...I still miss it when I come into town to visit. But the world beyond it is pretty great too. Goodluck to you.

 
At 5:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home