Ah, a ladies' night at Texas Jive...matt's former roommate Stuart spinning. I don't really like house music...techno what have you, but I do enjoy the spectacle of it and its art. If you are a DJ, like a real DJ, you need to know every track on your records, and know which sounds good with what, and at what speed. It's a talent, definitely.
Ok ok, I mostly went to TJs for the free ladies' night lovin' free drinks. NOT the umm, nasty mens' restroom with PEE all over the seat so much so that I had to hover over the seat. Ladies, you know what I'm talking about. If I had a penis, I really think i would be able to make it in the um, 1' x 1.5' hole of the potty, EVEN if i was too drunk to put up the seat. BOOOOO!
Teaching...is going super well, yes, even on the days I have to yell. I'm getting shit done hard core, cause that's how I do. My students are singing their French alphabet song in classes where they shouldn't be.....and that is a testiment to my awesomeness, if my kiddos want to sing my songs in math class.
Mais, à la nuit "meet the teacher", une mère de la Cote d'Ivoire m'approche et elle a supposé que je pourrais parler le frAnçais parfaitement. J'ai gelée, and all I could say was 'Hello. Yes. Your son is nice". To make it worse I had to talk to une grande-mère quebécoise. I'm not used to talking to REAL francophones. I get so shy, I feel unqualified for my job.
But, by the grace of God ( which honestly, I owe so much and I never say...but seriously, I am blessed in so many ways), i will start grad school in the spring. I am pulled to it; I just need to take the danged GREs. More on that later, maybe, I dont want to jinx it.
I dance-tranced to Gnarls Barkley's 'crazy'. that song makes a wild sarah. I don't know why....i dance like my little sister did when she was 4 at baskin robbin's and started stripping to "the mashed potato' and we all got kicked out. ( thus is my memory at 7 yrs old ).
One reason I like being drunk ( and, i know how bad it is and how immature..blah here i am almost 24). I love it because I remember things that I never think about. The most random memories...and here they are and I see them and touch them and hear them just like they were when they were in front of me. Like tonight I remembered Paris from when I was 16. I remember being in a bookstore looking at an interrior design book, all en francais and thinking about how I would like to live in a space utterly unique to myself. I was in Garland this week at the parents' bc ...if you are a teacher/were a teacher you would understand, BROKE AS A JOKE.....a cowpoke...too broke to smoke. yeah, I had to borrow food and money from my mom. I woke up in the room I lived in for only about 4years, and rolled over at 5:45am expecting to see the clock inthe same place. And it wasnt :(. The desk/table it used to rest on was hacked to pieces by my roommate bc I broke it and could no longer use it. Its final resting place...a dumpster outside some crap apartments in denton. The clock itself....on my target night stand in Dallas.
Still dont know how I feel about living in Big D....I want to live in a cave, truly. i am such a creature of habit.
Im distracted by my mistress, Sleep. She is hott.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home