How lame is this: Matt and I are sitting in the dark as I type this. We are wearing matching plaid jammie pants, except my plaid is pink and green and his is black and red. We ate fried chicken, and he just rolled over on the floor and his tummy made a lot of noise. And I'm not grossed out.
I think this is what happy is.
I feel happy at work, too. So far so good. The new students are eager to learn and seemingly brighter than last year. They're very small and cute for 9th graders. During my lunch duty which I begrudgingly accepted again, I watched the fattest freckled kid I had ever seen consume 3 ketchup packets. His friends around him all stared too, and he kept sucking away at the packets. Couldn't look away.
It's funny though, being back at that school and walking those halls in my click-clacker shoes I feel accomplished and powerful, however, the halls remind me of how I felt last year. I keep getting Elliot Smith's " Miss Misery" stuck in my head: " I'll fake it through the day with some help from Johnny Walker Red, do you miss me Miss Misery like you said you did" I think I sang that song every day I worked there last semester. I was such a whiny baby.
Someone please take me to see " Little Miss Sunshine"...Ive been dying to see it for a week, am about to go by myself on a saturday if no one offers. :( I wish it would rain, the weather is awful. As much as I embrace Dallas as my home, it doesn't fit my soul at all. I need lush trees and misty windows. I want to wear a yellow McIntosh and rubber boots and cardigans. People make fun of me because I always wear sweaters over sleeveless tops, even when it's above 90 degrees. ( This is not only because I get cold fast...but also to hide flabby-ish white arms. ) I get so aggrivated that this would not be an issue 500 miles north of here.
well, friday is on it's way...hope all of you have a restful weekend.
Labels: ourstory

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home