Ok, well, it turns out B is not dying, at least not in the near future. This whole thing was something about not returning a promise ring? Evil guilt trip?
Some people just deserve to be SMITED! I guess this is good news though, that he is not dying.
Night Watch is a shitty Russian Vampire movie. Clerks 2 was really funny and sweet, even though I would never take someone like my mom or anyone easily offended to see it.
It's Tax Free Weekend, so I will work probably 20 hours at Kohl's, then I will go back to school for in service on Monday. So long sweet summer. I kind of wrote a speech for the first day of school with the kids. I will spend a whole week on rules and procedures and call it "training".
Buying new clothes and new school supplies helps me get pumped. I bought some brown loafer type shoes, and tomorrow I will buy black pumps with rounded toes and this cool buckle thing. I need new " hot-for-teacher" slacks. ( Not that I intend to make the students...yeah.) I am going to start collecting the multi-colored sharpies, and find a hiding place where they won't get stolen. I really like colored pens...I had a million of them and they were all stolen out of the cup on my desk the days I had substitutes.
That's another thing. I've kind of made a promise to myself. As you may know ( if you read my blog back a few months ago towards the end of the school year ), I pretty much was clinically depressed by the end of the year. Getting out of bed was a battle, and most days towards the end,just seeing the kids come in acting like demons made my brain shrivel so that I was a shell of myself, giving assignments and detentions, just counting the minutes til I could go home. It was bad in the end because I didn't know what I was doing in the begining, or at least I think. It's hard to start over and say " ok no more miss nice teacher". I'm going to try my damnedest though, and I know all their little evil tricks and loopholes. I will be the master of my class. However, if I discover it's not me, or if it's not what I want to do anymore...by October I will decide to stay or not, start hunting for another job, and resign at the semester. Sanity's important, no?
Well. Afore mentioned crap vampire movie's almost over.

2 Comments:
the ring was only between her and i, and the text message was purely coincidental, although i'm sure everyone agrees it was horrible. she knows why i asked about the ring. i didn't want it back for myself, and technically, i didn't even want it back. i felt bad about the deposit at the apt and what i owed her. yea, it all didn't come out the right way, but really, there are lots of other things more pressing on my mind as of late.
i've apologized to everyone i can about the whole thing. i was not involved with the messages. i can joke around about my own mortality, and i'm glad i can, but that's as far as it goes. sure, some people think it might be sick, but those close around me know i'm not afraid and i might as well have some fun. i don't press it on to other people, nor would i want to do something like sending out messages and get people upset.
if i really had just two weeks, or two months, etc, i wouldn't say that. to you i'd say i'm sorry, to others, probably the same, i'd add thanks, and most likely that'd be it. i'm not here to be a burden on people, especially those that i haven't kept in good contact with due to my own faults.
:-( I didn't know you still read this. Am very sorry. I really, really, hope you get better and hope that you *want* to get better.
It's not you're fault that we've all lost touch. We're all really busy.
If you want however, Dallas has lots of special cholesterol-free guinness if you're up for it.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home